HK Lancaster ?.

Don149

This is starting to look good . . . .

I hope the markings for the other Lancaster are a promise ??

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2018/06/partial-test-shot-build-hong-kong.html

thanks for looking in  . . . .

Ian

Thanks Ian, its looking good!

There is also this:

http://www.hyperscale.com/2018/reviews/kits/hkmodelsancasterpreviewjh_1.htm

and also made Ian link clickable

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2018/06/partial-test-shot-build-hong-kong.html

Edited by hovering
made links clickable
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

HK Models are pleased to announce the release of a 1/32 scale Lancaster BI/III Limited Edition plastic kit. 

With new tooling this astonishing kit includes EXTRA FUSELAGE AND NOSE SECTION in CLEAR PLASTIC giving you the choice of building the kit either
using the clear plastic to highlight the incredible interior detail or as a conventional plastic kit using the detailed and textured grey styrene fuselage, nose and other parts.

What’s in the box?
• Two fuselage and nose sections – clear plastic and textured grey
• Markings for 3 aircraft comprising R5868 OL – Q Queenie, R5868 PO-S Sugar and W4783 AR-G George
• 23 Sprues – comprising 633 individual parts!
• Comprehensive assembly instructions.

The extra fuselage and nose section (clear plastic sections) will only be available with the first run of this kit and will NOT be included in additional runs so this really is a kit not to be missed! These are due to arrive in the UK in October/November.

RRP for the kit! 'just'..............THREE HUNDRED & NINETY NINE POUNDS

A Tad more than I thought it was going to be and as for the decal option  . . . .

7 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

RRP for the kit! 'just'..............THREE HUNDRED & NINETY NINE POUNDS

Hi

Ouch ....

way out of my hobby budget

I will stick with my old 1:48 tamiya 

cheers

jerry

• Like 1

Every time any news appears on this kit the release date has moved back another month , anyone else noticed this ? . Stated as a

Mk 1/3 , does someone know if this is so, paddle bladed props et al ? . I/m hoping so `cos  I/ve been nursing the Phantom of the Rhur

transfer sheet for the past year or so . My old paws are trembling in anticipation , or maybe its because I/ve had them for 83 years !.

Currently building the ZK Ta 152 H .

Don . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mancunian airman said:

Hannants now have this listed showing the £399+ tag

And there I was worrying about whether I could justify £12.95 on a stash purchase of the 1:72 Airfix Hawk.

Clearly this hobby has gone down a route I could never have imagined 20 years ago!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I have utilized a pre-order request and purchase it for less than £300.

Thinking out loud . . .  . anybody know of a trolley acc in this scale ??

I have recently been looking out for figures, ground-crew and I am aware of the set of Seven (metal kit) aircrew from an Australian dealer costing around £86.

Anybody got links to sign that could help create a setting for a 1/32nd Lancaster

Thanks for loggin in

Ian

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:55 PM, Mancunian airman said:

I dont think I have seen a foot long mm rule measuring 304.8 (nearly 305mm

If you turn the Rule over you'll notice the 30cm is further along from the 12 " mark. Otherwise there wouldn't be 39" to a metre

3 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

I have utilized a pre-order request and purchase it for less than £300.

Thinking out loud . . .  . anybody know of a trolley acc in this scale ??

I have recently been looking out for figures, ground-crew and I am aware of the set of Seven (metal kit) aircrew from an Australian dealer costing around £86.

Anybody got links to sign that could help create a setting for a 1/32nd Lancaster

Thanks for loggin in

Ian

Where have you ordered from to get that price?

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:39 AM, Mancunian airman said:

making progress

1/32nd Trolley Acc … Looks just like the thing ( only those were  Yellow or NATO Green ) we used on VC10 Air Test see outs ..Didn't use them on the Line though, must be some wierd lecky reason for that

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/957299-iconicair-raf-trolley-accumulator

• 2 weeks later...

So the kit should be available October/November but is it better to wait until the version without the clear nose mouldings?

From the stuff I've read the mould will be reworked after the clear plastic run is completed and replaced with grey plastic parts. So that means that you can't really produce a fully camouflaged aeroplane with the original parts because the lack of texture will make it look very obvious compared to the rest of the airframe? Or will HKM include a grey set of nose mouldings with this limited edition kit?

I would be very interested to know what the first boxing will include - any ideas?

Thanks

Simon

On 7/13/2018 at 7:50 PM, Don149 said:

Every time any news appears on this kit the release date has moved back another month , anyone else noticed this ? . Stated as a

Mk 1/3 , does someone know if this is so, paddle bladed props et al ? . I/m hoping so `cos  I/ve been nursing the Phantom of the Rhur

transfer sheet for the past year or so . My old paws are trembling in anticipation , or maybe its because I/ve had them for 83 years !.

Currently building the ZK Ta 152 H .

Don . 

That's a good question, I'm up for a windowless Mk3 to Build BBMF PA474 but it's unclear as to whether a Mk3 option is included in the kit? I suspect not as it will need the fuselage fairing for the rear Turret which I don't believe is included in this release.

22 minutes ago, Stealthman said:

That's a good question, I'm up for a windowless Mk3 to Build BBMF PA474 but it's unclear as to whether a Mk3 option is included in the kit? I suspect not as it will need the fuselage fairing for the rear Turret which I don't believe is included in this release.

I've just had a look at the Pocket Bond website and there is a shot of the sprues but I can't engage then enough to see how they're doing  the propellers - separate blades and hub or in one unit? The former would make more sense if they are going to offer both needle and paddle but I can't see the sprue shot well enough to make a decision!

Are there differing separate boxings? I've seen box artwork for a BIII Only? I understand optional propeller blades are included, along with optional nose and cockpit canopy blisters. Query how HK will deal with fuselage Windows on later version? A new fuselage? Or plugs?

30 minutes ago, Don149 said:

The windows themselves would substitute plugs , if they fit well . Just paint over them inside and out , which is what

I`ll most likely be doing . This was the practice on many early Marks anyway .

Sounds perfectly logical providing they are a nice tight fit. I read the kit depicts an early lanc without the tail turret fairing, a BIII has it, amongst other things......hence I'm curious about whether two kits will actually be issued.

No doubt HKM will do a Dam buster Special and maybe a Tallboy version, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they did both in one box. Then a pure B.III with paddle blades, bomb aimers full bubble and higher astrodome and at some point they'll do a tail turret fairing although I wouldn't be surprised if the aftermarket trot one out quick and get a few easy sales before the HKM official version. Maybe different tyres as well? If things went really well then why not a B.II? the power egg would be the same for all engines so it would just be a rework of the nacelles. Sounds like easy money for HKM once they have the first kit into the market place but I wonder what the sales potential is for the Lanc - more or less than the B-17? I wonder how many B-17's they've sold so far? I am a WNW fan and it was suggested recently that there are maybe 1,500 modellers - world wide - who regularly buy WNW kits so you might expect a similar number for the B-17 and Lanc? No doubt HKM have done their homework!!

23 minutes ago, Simon Cornes said:

No doubt HKM will do a Dam buster Special and maybe a Tallboy version, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they did both in one box. Then a pure B.III with paddle blades, bomb aimers full bubble and higher astrodome and at some point they'll do a tail turret fairing although I wouldn't be surprised if the aftermarket trot one out quick and get a few easy sales before the HKM official version. Maybe different tyres as well? If things went really well then why not a B.II? the power egg would be the same for all engines so it would just be a rework of the nacelles. Sounds like easy money for HKM once they have the first kit into the market place but I wonder what the sales potential is for the Lanc - more or less than the B-17? I wonder how many B-17's they've sold so far? I am a WNW fan and it was suggested recently that there are maybe 1,500 modellers - world wide - who regularly buy WNW kits so you might expect a similar number for the B-17 and Lanc? No doubt HKM have done their homework!!

The pure B.III is for me. A Dambuster would be interesting but wouldn't sell enough on its own. Multiple options such as Dambuster/Grand slam might do the trick? A Tallboy option in the B.III? Would appreciate some clarification from HKM on what they intend to do........