dpm1did1

For my Scarab...

50s/60s, and often later until the military was sold off to the civi contractors, RAF or RN vehicles were generally blue (obviously save for specials and frontline eg RAFG).

Best Revell, Humbrol or Tamiya (possibly Vallejo if stocked)?

Would love 100% accuracy but won't be mixing %s so will take a 'very close'.

VMT.

D.

If its any help the RN vehicles at RNAS Sydenham in the '60s were a dark blue, just about Glossy Sea Blue.

Nothing close in the current Humbrol range, No 71.091 in Vallejo Model Air, called Signal Blue, as well as Gloss Sea Blue, depends on label.

If its any help the RN vehicles at RNAS Sydenham in the '60s were a dark blue, just about Glossy Sea Blue.

Nothing close in the current Humbrol range, No 71.091 in Vallejo Model Air, called Signal Blue, as well as Gloss Sea Blue, depends on label.

Thx.

Apparently 71.091 is also called Insignia blue...so that's 3x names!

It's also Fs35044 which according to the usually reliable impsstockholm cred is Hu 189 (and Xtraxolor X123, Gunze H326, and MM1718 -all ranges I dont recall seeing).

Son hats one option for RN, now for RAF...

Popped in to Antics and they didn't have Vallejo or Humbrol acrylics so no 71.091 or H90/189 (3 nearest options so far)...unless I'm completely blind, although I could have sworn they had them before they moved shop.

May be near Hobbycraft tomorrow so an excuse for a nose around.