Freedom Model Kits 1/48 F-20N Tigershark (tandem)

Freedom Models Martin

:fraidnot: Pffff. Another whif... Thanks but not for me.

F20N_zpsykzv95ye.jpg

(...)I have asked the team in Taiwan to consider a couple of things in this thread. However, I have got to say that I / we are leaning towards a more conventional kit for our next release.(...)

Source: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234978555-18002-freedom-model-kits-f-20a-tigershark-148/?p=2060156

The F-20N a more conventional kit? They don't listen to you Martin...

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

This announcement has caused me some joy. I was thinking along the same lines as GreenDragon for one of mine but this saves a LOT of hassle.

Clever way of getting extra sales with minimum tooling cost for a new company. Best to try these things when you're young. Now if they could get some Luftwaffe or British 50-60s What If's in the range...

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with people displaying their disappointments as long as they are not abusive (none seen so far).

Surely all feedback is beneficial whether positive or negative?

I think it's pretty cool myself.

Edited by Homerlovesbeer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On a more serious (and detailed) note: I think this is a great choice and might be more likely to buy multiple copies of this kit than the single seater because the Hasegawa 1:72 kit is more attractive for what-if builds of the one-seat version on account of its simplicity and price (and I already have several in my stash). I probably will get the F-20A kit, but likely just one to build as one of the actual prototypes. Kitting a true what-if (i.e. an unbuilt variant) in this scale is a bold move, hope it pays off.

Very nice Adversary/Aggressor paint schemes, which has gotten me thinking...the two-seater could actually form the basis of a rather plausible scenario for the F-20 going into production: what if the USAF has procured the dual-control F-20 as a T-38 replacement in the late 80s, pre-empting the current T-X program by 30 years? This could also serve as a good backstory to the schemes in this boxing (thinking along the lines of the T-X's projected role as the next-generation Aggressor aircraft). I remember reading that the US Navy wanted the F-20 as an Adversary, but the order would have been far too small to justify production...however, an Air Force order to replace the T-38 certainly would have been (and would explain why all these Aggressors are two-seaters).

The markings from the Caracal Models T-38C sheet would look great on this bird... On a related note, Iris Flight Simulations did an F-20 model for Microsoft Flight Simulator some years back (now available as freeware) that included a two-seat version, complete with (among others) a dark blue RCAF NATO Flight Training Centre in Canada scheme that also looked fantastic on the F-20.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...