1/32 OV-10 Bronco Kitty Hawk

Mr B

A word of advice when you get to the undercarriage. A friend of mine built this kit and the main gear legs are not strong enough to support the weight of the model and consequently broke. I would suggest drilling out the legs and inserting pins OR getting metal replacements. Hope this helps!

• Like 2

Coming along Mr B those engines are great.

Guy

A word of advice when you get to the undercarriage. A friend of mine built this kit and the main gear legs are not strong enough to support the weight of the model and consequently broke. I would suggest drilling out the legs and inserting pins OR getting metal replacements. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice Andy, I have bit the bullet and ordered one and it's on the way looking forward to taking a look.

Guy

Thanks alot Andy. Will most likely go with AM gear. I am now at the booms and the engine cover on one side not too good. Might leave the other one open....

The thing is looking to be very big..... I can concere that most likely the gear will not hold....aiming for a picture update by weeksend

Rgds

Mr b

Progress and it's big in 1/32

image_zpshu9gk4t2.jpeg

I decided to close the engines ....up....wasted effort on the engine details. Painted and masked the black portion to hide stains.....

image_zpswdsbt0xx.jpeg

Sponsons and guns on and whole airframe together...the wings were a nightmare big gaps on the topside....with fillets of plastic card/superglue and filler n surface n summore superglue....got them half decent....need to scribe back the lines.....which is a real pain as I hate that.....Painted up the front instrument shroud.....and next will tackle the final clean up and clear parts.

image_zpsoouxthei.jpeg

Paint scheme any ideas guys. The green does not look medium green to me as called in the instructions.......Looks IJN or Euro green as a better mix.....Me thinks......but I like the used look of the bird....as it's my type of build....

thanks again.....hope to get into the paintshop soon....

rgds

mr b

• Like 3

Nice update it's certainly coming along , I have mine now and can concur that it is a beast !!

Now to find the metal gear !

Euro green looks good to me but depends on how much of a faded look you want ?

Keep up the good work Mr B.

Guy

thanks a lot for the insights guys....much appreciated......

got some progress it's preshaded....next some minor masking....and onto paint.....

image_zps69dqeqbp.jpeg

aim is to finish it by end of this coming week......(if all goes as planned)

happy modeling and best regards to all

mr b

• Like 4

Thanks a lot Phil

Managed to get some paint....on.......as it is all shiny and ready for decals next......colors were custom mixed.....espically the darker green....euro green/jia green/dark green and black....no ratios just eyeballed it....

image_zpsrjtjqz08.jpeg

image_zps7lagrj01.jpeg

image_zpsutuorqt3.jpeg

image_zpsgdfz6jvk.jpeg

Was too lazy to mask the guns off....and they seam very fragile.....so will just brush paint then later......a very difficult masking due to the nature of the airframe design......

happy modeling and kind regards

mr b

• Like 5

Looks good with the paint on you are making good progress .

:goodjob:

Guy

thanks for the kind words guy......much obliged

Anyways ...this weekend was very little modelling time....went and saw the new James Bond flick and went out for tea with the guys on Sunday......

Managed to decal and weather it.......as with getting the props all sorted....

image_zpsu7sctlxq.jpeg

image_zpsghki0upx.jpeg

got some aux work done the pylons door covers and the wheels....letting the chalk was to dry and to clean it up.....

it's a public holiday in my part of the world...Tuesday....hope to get some work done.....ordinance, staining and a Matt coat......

kind regards

mr b

• Like 2

Weathering looks good will be nice to see it completed.

Guy

Thanks guy ...

Slowly getting there......with the odds and ends....it stands on it's gear now.....tommorow should see the ordinance done up.....really looks cool on its gear....that why I love the bronco...rugged with its big wheels.....

image_zpsiofga0nz.jpeg

rgds and happy modelling

mr b

• Like 7

Looks good on its legs did you use metal gear or just reinforce the kit parts ? Shark mouth looks pretty good too.

Guy

Wow that looks great i just picked up one of these at the telford scale model world show on sunday i am looking forwad to building this even more now reading your build you have done a great job on this.

Guy - thanks it's just as how it came from the box. I will change them around once I get hold of some after market stuff thus did not see the need to reinforce it....so far it's ok....the main gear got some spring to it......

Blogs - thanks..pls take the plunge it's a nice kit....just the wings need some TLC

Simon - thanks it is a big bird........the size is nice

Jazz - thanks....l hope to see your build up soon.....goes together quite quickly but painting takes time....

Not much done today...just did not have the mood......picture up date hopefully by weekend showing it finished

Thanks and happy modeling

Rgds

Mr b

Thanks Mr b for the info I will look forward to doing mine when I get the time !!! Look forward to seeing your completed master piece too !

Guy

Edited by F4u

Thanks guy....really appreciate your comments....I hope my build is meeting with your expectations :)

Mood was there today so I got some work done.....getting there.......

image_zpsngentzuv.jpeg

image_zpsymhvv55j.jpeg

The load is on.....I have decided not to mount to centre fuel tank.....I don't think the gear will hold up.....it will be displayed with the plane....once done.....next will be the antennas lights and canopy set up....then will be those pesky reflectors thingy....(sorry I don't know what they are called) which there is a load of them....will be leaving the spoilers off as well.....and of course to flat coat the additions

Kind regards and Happy Modeling

mr b

• Like 3