1/48 F-4E Phantom USAFE 32nd TFS

The first Hasegawa kit I've build for years and a real pleasure to build.
The kit is build OOB, representing the F-4E in the colors of the 32nd TFS based at Soesterberg.
The decals came from the box and I used Dutch Decals DD48049 'Soesterberg Eagles'.
The covers on the sidewinders are drilled out sprue and CMK remove before flight tags.

The painting was done with Vallejo Flat Earth (70.983), Russian Green (71.017), Dark Green (71.016) and Light Gray (71.050). The plating around the exhaust got a tint of Blue to get a burned look and sprayed with some Smoke.

On the pictures I'm not pleased with the CR decals, looks like a light gray underground. And I need a bigger photo for the back ground. The F-4 is massive in the scale.

DSC_8443_1600.jpg

DSC_8442_1600.jpg

DSC_8441_1600.jpg

DSC_8440_1600.jpg

DSC_8439_1600.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Jan Remco.

• Like 11

Hello,Janremco - Well done on a phine looking build of your 'F4E'.She really looks the part in her fresh livery parked outside her HAS Shelter.I would be proud of that one.All the best,Paul.

Thanks Paul,

Yes the back ground with the shelter is good. It's one off them at the old Soesterberg AB.

Jan Remco

Very tidy build and very clean camo, well done.

Re the silvering of the tail decals - did you gloss coat it before applying them? And have you clear coated it afterwards?

If you havent clear coated on top of the decals, it might be worth trying something like Micro Sol solution on them.

Apols if thats sucking eggs to you, I just know how annoying it is when something doesnt go how you expect.

• Like 1

Very tidy build and very clean camo, well done.

Re the silvering of the tail decals - did you gloss coat it before applying them? And have you clear coated it afterwards?

If you havent clear coated on top of the decals, it might be worth trying something like Micro Sol solution on them.

Apols if thats sucking eggs to you, I just know how annoying it is when something doesnt go how you expect.

Before applying the decals I did a gloss coat and afterwards a semi gloss one. So it's to late now to apply Micro Sol.

Leasson learned. Take some pictures before applying a coat. It's the first time that's happened with these decals, used the same sheet on a F-86 and F-100.

Thanks for the advise.

Jan Remco

Silvering is one of those things, some decals are just a pain. If it bothers you that much you could always source some more, paint over the existing ones and try again, you seem talented enough to do a decent job of it.

• Like 1