Royal Navy FGR.4 Corsair.

Gekko_1

This is the scheme I'm doing.

cda11cea-0cdc-4cac-b0f5-2a9ddeabd733.jpg

7de54d58-4acf-4883-bf3a-50920563f46e.jpg

Finally got started on it!

20150924_140830.jpg

First time I've used the new Stynylrez primer. Used it straight out of the bottle 20 psi. Really liked it! Covers well and settles down into the details perfectly.

20150924_161402.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 4

cool beans - cant wait for the back story!!

Is it a Hase 1/72.

How are you planning to do all the yellow flashy areas - decals or paint?

Edited by Tim Moff

cool beans - cant wait for the back story!!

Is it a Hase 1/72.

How are you planning to do all the yellow flashy areas - decals or paint?

Yeah, the back story will have to wait. Trouble is I could get so into depth with the back story that I'd run out of time for the build! :banghead:

Hasegawa 48th. With lots of flash! :frantic:

The markings will be done with a combination of Alps printed decals and vinyl masks.

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 1

Welcome to the GB. A colourful choice as well. Look forward to watching this one take shape.

Thanks Col.

Yeah the scheme is "wife approved" so I can't go wrong there! ^_^

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 1

Beautiful work on the cockpit in general and the seat in particular. If you continue such a high standard throughout this project it will be something wonderful to behold.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

OK, fuselage together now. I'm not a fan of the "everything open and hanging out" aircraft model displays, so have shut all the open panels on the model and will have to deal with all of the gap issues associated with that!

Other than that its the usual fill, sand, check..............fill, sand, check "fun" side of modelling ahead for me. :frantic::wall:

20151002_113544.jpg

I'm filling the gaps with my usual styrene and Tamiya extra thin glue mix. I really like this stuff because once dry has the same consistency as the plastic itself, so sands easily and doesn't shrink at all.

20151002_113929.jpg

20151002_113940.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 2

Still at it. Because of all the open panel and airbrake options it means there is a lot of fitting and filling issues that need to be taken care of and all the resulting panel line filling that needs to be done following that.

20151005_181315.jpg

20151005_181354.jpg

Of particular concern is this area around the nose. So much needs to be repaired here! :rant:

20151005_181420.jpg

20151005_181429.jpg

However, in the Verlinden A-7D detail set there is an intake cover. So I'll be using this which takes care of some of the issues.

20151005_181714.jpg

20151005_181723.jpg

Just in case you were wondering, the distortion in the close up images is caused because I'm photographing using my Samsung tablet through an LED lit magnifying lamp. It does the job and is quick and easy to take photos that way. B)

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 3

Good work getting everything smooth. Clearly not up to Hasegawa's famed usual fit standard but you did mention there was flash on the parts so perhaps the moulds are suffering from wear.

• Like 1

Good work getting everything smooth. Clearly not up to Hasegawa's famed usual fit standard but you did mention there was flash on the parts so perhaps the moulds are suffering from wear.

The flash is manageable. The main issue is the options Hasegawa provide for an open airbrake and those avionics access doors on the front fuselage. I guess its a bit like glueing the undercarriage doors shut on a model designed to be gear down only. Why they provide an open air brake option is beyond me. I can't imagine any modeller that would want to display it that way. For Hasegawa it would have meant a lot more design work and for the modeller a lot more hassle to close up. :frantic:

Great looking work so far.

Just shows your pretty handy with a model kit as well as a PC profile. :D

Hopefully one day you may consider that 74 Sqn version. ;)

You never know, I just might! :wicked:

It's really fun seeing one of your excellent profiles come to life Richard.

Yeah for me too. Its about time I found the time to get one of these done.