Grumman TBM-3 Avenger Accurates Miniatures 1/48

condor1

I don't think there is anything to say about this kit, the quality and detail and well know.

There were no surprises, the assembly was "a walk in the park", and yes the attach points for the wheels are weak to say the least, and yes the turret fits without much trouble.

I did use stainless steel tubing for the exhaust pipes and brass for the flares chutes, guns muzzles received tiny bity pieces of hypodermic needle and the seat belts fashioned of masking tape with regular results.

Also I cut off the cowl flaps and made them out of aluminum sheet.

The only major upgrade was to drop the flaps, I noticed that the inner face of the lower half of the wings have the flaps ribbing and detail molded on, the upper face of the wings half in blank, I cut the flaps and made the upper part ribbing and detail out of plastruc. I also found by pure chance a resin torpedo on the local modelling store so I snatched it right away and mounted over the wood cradle that you will see on the images.

Was finished with Model Master enamels and varnishes, the weathering was done with pastels and Tamiya powders.

So, here it is, thanks a lot for stopping by and looking, as usual, critique, and advice and more than welcome.

Cheers.

DSC_3068_zpsmxxbm8sk.jpg

DSC_3065_zps4gzlogqm.jpg

DSC_3063_zpsnigrcbt3.jpg

DSC_3061_zpsctavrbjc.jpg

DSC_3058_zpsgyze58v8.jpg

DSC_3057_zpsxzsmsbnj.jpg

DSC_3055_zpszphfnh3m.jpg

DSC_3054_zps5ckpzdly.jpg

DSC_3052_zpsdfelhagt.jpg

DSC_3050_zpse7hr7r8u.jpg

DSC_3048_zps33z7lhva.jpg

DSC_3047_zpskc0q4jpf.jpg

DSC_3046_zpsnybxvimr.jpg

DSC_3045_zpsr9nvjoe9.jpg

DSC_3041_zpsloiahlat.jpg

DSC_3040_zps2bj5wtap.jpg

DSC_3034_zpsotnlglgg.jpg

DSC_3033_zpsb3cxntyh.jpg

DSC_3026_zpsh6up8hrb.jpg

DSC_3025_zpsdxrbkzxh.jpg

DSC_3024_zpsmoxbgeok.jpg

DSC_3023_zpsmz0sccdh.jpg

• Like 23

Many thanks guys, glad that you approved.

I forgot to mention that the engine received some improvement too, I added the spark plugs wires made out copper wire and I did the push rods tubes out of plastic rod, glad that 85th caught it.

Again thanks a bunch