1/48 MiG-19PM Farmer-E

Following my MiG-15UTI and MiG-17F I've finished Trumpeter's MiG-19PM. The nose from the windscreen forward was replaced with a resin correction from SBS Model and the decals are by High Decal Line. The finish is Mr Color 8 Silver. Full story at http://jonbryon.com/MiG19PM.html.

Comments welcome

Thanks

Jon

MiG19PM_005.JPG

MiG19PM_021.JPG

MiG19PM_027.JPG

MiG19PM_022.JPG

MiG19PM_035.JPG

MiG19PM_026.JPG

Edited by Jon Bryon
  • Like 28

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Beautiful work. I must make a note of the Mr Color 8: It seems to work extremely well for simulating that Russian aluminium lacquer finish.

I love Mr Color 8, but I have oversprayed it with AMMO Satin varnish. Mr Color 8 by itself is very shiny, but I wanted a dull finish.

Stunning looking Mig-19 and excellent airbrush work with the elusive silver color! Btw,the ejection seat seems to be low,the pilot's shoulder should be level with the canopy rail.

It's how it comes in the kit, but I make a comment in my write up that it looks too low. Something for others to be forewarned about!

turned out very nice!

congrats!

but.... no missiles??

;)

I don't like putting ordnance on kits :) They slow me down...modelling time is precious enough as it is! And to be honest, I don't like to highlight the bits of planes that are the destructive parts (there's a quasi-pacifist in me somewhere!).

Very nice :) now it's time for mig 21?
Cheers

Yep, a Trumpeter MiG-21F-13, then an Eduard MiG-21SM and MiG-21R. I've got the resin nose for a MiG-21bis (and some nice decals) but no kit yet! Then I shall tackle the Trumpeter MiG-23 and finally an Academy MiG-29. I have to pause my MiG building spree to make a Tornado for a friend first.

That has to be one of the smoothest paint jobs I've seen on here, TOP effort!!

Thanks, but that is entirely down to the RG-3 airbrush. It's amazing.

Cheers

Jon

• Like 1

Yep, a Trumpeter MiG-21F-13, then an Eduard MiG-21SM and MiG-21R. I've got the resin nose for a MiG-21bis (and some nice decals) but no kit yet! Then I shall tackle the Trumpeter MiG-23 and finally an Academy MiG-29. I have to pause my MiG building spree to make a Tornado for a friend first.

Upgrade to a GWH MiG-29, you won't regret it in the slightest.

Thanks again everyone :)

Upgrade to a GWH MiG-29, you won't regret it in the slightest.

I'm sure I wouldn't, except that I've had the Academy with various resin bits and pieces in the stash for 10 years and am bloody-minded enough to press through and build it :) It's a kit with a reputation, but I'm looking forward to it ;)

Jon

• Like 1