1/48 - Mil Mi-17 (Mi-8MT) Hip - by Annetra

172flogger

9 minutes ago, drake122 said:

First reports from people who bought it claim there is a ugly surface texture on parts that look like the "stippling" armor modellers put on tank turrets. 

Disappointing, but not that shocking considering it's clearly visible on most of the test shots from 2022.

Interestingly enough, they don't seem noticeable on the test shots from 2019?

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, drake122 said:

First reports from people who bought it claim there is a ugly surface texture on parts that look like the "stippling" armor modellers put on tank turrets. 

I suspect it will be nothing that a bit of traditional ol' sanding will deal with. I would be more concerned with some of the sink marks that appear to be evident but that's the joy of modelling, rather than kit assembling. Always up for a bit of a challenge (within reason). 

13 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

I suspect it will be nothing that a bit of traditional ol' sanding will deal with. I would be more concerned with some of the sink marks that appear to be evident but that's the joy of modelling, rather than kit assembling. Always up for a bit of a challenge (within reason). 

Yes, however you obliterate the raised rivet detail in the process?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 6:36 PM, Tiger331 said:

Just received my first copy of the Annetra/AMK kit and pleased to report, that after close inspection, my kit does not have any of the issues associated with 'surface texture'.....all is perfectly fine.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...