1/48 - Mil Mi-17 (Mi-8MT) Hip - by Annetra

172flogger

2 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Is there any news on when this may hit the market? Enquiring minds need to know...

Annetra Mi-7 is molded by AMK, so don't expect a firm release date until the kit is finally released.

And Annetra show pics of this kit sprues since nov 2018.

Now, their boss is explaining that due to the Covid outbreak, the project has a 2 months delay.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, B.sin said:

Just asking.  After all, Kittyhawk is

doing one.

Three steps:

1) announcement

2) final CAD snapshots

3) testshots

A project can be aborted/delayed during the first two steps. It cannot if the third is reached.

45 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Three steps:

1) announcement

2) final CAD snapshots

3) testshots

A project can be aborted/delayed during the first two steps. It cannot if the third is reached.

Yes dear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, B.sin said:

Aren't these guys going too do a 1/48th scale Mi-24?

3 hours ago, Laurent said:

Would it be a sound idea given that Zvezda is working on one ?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/zvezda-4823-mi-24v-vp--1255512

2 hours ago, B.sin said:

Just asking.  After all, Kittyhawk is

doing one.

As it's been five years since the announcement I think there's been plenty of time for it to come to market. Whether either or both of the others come to market is another matter and if they do it'll be down to detail and value for money. 

• 3 months later...
On November 9, 2018 at 8:10 PM, Homebee said:

Miam 😛

Source: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5945219795

4ca524edab6.jpg

V.P.

This was posted November of 2018.  Seems they have gone from stacks of plastic down to a few pieces.  Where did it all go?  I will be patient because I have more kits in my stash than I could ever complete in my lifetime - and it is only a hobby so nothing to get too wound up about but it strikes me as funny as it seems they are going backwards.

• Like 1

You have improved my spirits, let's hope they are just waiting on the boxes.  I had not thought about it by you are probably right that these were most likely test shots or if not something was wrong that needed correction.  In any case I am ready to part with some money when the time comes.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Harold55 said:

This was posted November of 2018.  Seems they have gone from stacks of plastic down to a few pieces.  Where did it all go?  I will be patient because I have more kits in my stash than I could ever complete in my lifetime - and it is only a hobby so nothing to get too wound up about but it strikes me as funny as it seems they are going backwards.

Agreed, these posts add nothing.

On 7/22/2020 at 6:58 AM, exdraken said:

Maybe it was test shots then, and it is ready now? 

And, I only need one per my boxes.... :D

Annetra boss is busy trying to sell some AMK mig-31 iteration.

When someone asked about the Mi-17, his answer was pretty vague, so don't expect this kit soon.

The FB post above is just some typical AMK marketing. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...

Yes.......all a bit frustrating really.............I've been waiting 10 years for a kit to reproduce this little beauty from Slovakia !. I used to hitch a ride on this particular aircraft a lot while serving on a mission in Sarajevo.

16General 0823 8

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

Yes.......all a bit frustrating really.............I've been waiting 10 years for a kit to reproduce this little beauty from Slovakia !. I used to hitch a ride on this particular aircraft a lot while serving on a mission in Sarajevo.

you know that there is a state of the art resin model out there of the HIP, no? if you really are in a hurry building one... ;)

43 minutes ago, exdraken said:

you know that there is a state of the art resin model out there of the HIP, no? if you really are in a hurry building one... ;)

Yes......I have one !.....but, it's going to be a lot of work and I do not have so much time right now.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Wow. I'm glad and surprised there are folks looking for this as well.

Is there any update? It seems like the trail went cold. I couldn't figure out anything from the website. 

I've an interest in Air Branch and the CIA's air operations. Not many kits around the topic. Am working on Roden Pilatus Porter. On the lookout for 1/48 Twin Otter (and 1/48 scale motocross bike)

But the coolest of all is the Jawbreaker Mi-8 which inserted the first CIA team into Northern Afganistan and was used through the war in support of CIA operations. It's now on static display at Langley. 

This is my white whale.

pbzkdx31css51.jpg

• Like 1

I had such high hopes to see this come out in plastic.  I know about the resin kit but don't really like dealing with resin that much.  I will wait for a plastic version of this but I seriously doubt if it will come from this mfg.  I would believe Someone like Hobby Boss could do this and actually thought this might be something Kitty Hawk could have done but alas that dream has been dashed.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Harold55 said:

I had such high hopes to see this come out in plastic. .

I still think we will eventually see it ...

Metal has been cut, at least to testshot quality, so the most expensive part of the development invest was done!!

Would be uneconomical to totally ditch them, no?!

Let's assume the have no big issue of course.....

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...