1/48 - Mil Mi-17 (Mi-8MT) Hip - by Annetra

172flogger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am sure at the E Day in Prague in a week or two time there will be an Annetra stand and the owner will have some news, some fresh CAD photos. 

I will not be there, but sure we will hear of any developments.

I also look forward to this kit.

Best regards

Gabor

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:05 PM, ya-gabor said:

As far as I know Annetra did not have a stand but was represented by HGW at the show. I was not there so we would need to ask someone who visited E Day and has some info on this.

I was at their stand but there was nothing Hip-related there!

Thanks Pollie for commenting. It is good to have a first-hand account from the E Day.

Annetra is in a difficult situation. In the past I have spoken several times with the owner and had the feeling that he is a real enthusiast and loves his subjects and what is more important willing to work for it!  In this case he is in a difficult situation since he has to rely on another companies development work which has his own work/problems to do.

A year ago the future was much brighter with some fantastic plans from Annetra.

Hope that this is not the end!

Best regards

Gabor

Guys, give them a break. The latest info in Czech is from mid September: "Mi-17 is being worked upon, but unfortunately it will  be delayed. I can't tell you exact release date at the moment." This hardly changed during the three weeks that passed.

I seem to recall reading that Annetra were possibly working with AMK on this one, they would seem to be a bit busy at the moment with Tomcats & MiG-25's to name just 2. Hopefully if this is the case then the Hip will work its way up the list eventuall/

My information from a friend who attended the recent Eday 2016 at Prague is, that AMK is currently spending all the manpower in the F-14 project to press it for release before Christmas. The information came directly from the owner of Annetra. So, the Mi-17 obviously is delayed, not cancelled!

I still have a few hundred kits in my stash to keep me busy until the Mill is ready, so I'm OK for the tie being. I think I can make it that long LOL:D

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

About two weeks ago on Facebook Tanmodel was considering making a 1/48 Hind but then the owner Baris Tansoy asked Martin from AMK about their plans and the answer was "after the F-14 comes the Mi-8/17 and later the Mi-24". 

We may never see them, judging by the protracted AMK "let us cater to every customers whim" production process, but at least we'll see a new 1/48 Su-25 by Tanmodel.

Vedran

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Was intrigued by this as I was recently asked to do a Hip by my son.  Have the 1/35 Trumpeter, but thought it too big.  Has nothing new come out for a 1/48 kit in plastic?  My research based on this thread and others (scalemates, too) led me to a resin kit that was IVO USD$200.  I'm sure it's great, but for that kind of money, I can just get another 1/35 Trumpeter kit and whatever detail bits I care to put on it.

• 6 months later...