1/48 - Mil Mi-17 (Mi-8MT) Hip - by Annetra

172flogger

I honestly can't wait for this, I don't build 48th much now, but will make a huge exception for this (and the MiG-31B).... might even get 2-3 of these, so many choices to build it's unreal.

• 4 weeks later...

Totally agree and I'm not sure but this 'curious' box art may have been done as a bit of a tribute. If I recall correctly, some years ago 331 Sqn had participated in a Heli Meet (may have even been a Mini Tiger Meet ?) in the UK and were returning home to the Czech Republic when one of the Mil Mi-24s crashed on the Continent and the crew were tragically killed. The Unit quite often brought a Mil MI-8/17 to support the Hinds (ground crew/spares etc) on detachment and their routing home would have most probably taken them close to the White Cliffs of Dover. Just a thought….

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, since here is an extensive thread;

Any chance we shall also se an early mi-8? The one with elongated intakes, rounded exhausts, no APU, STB tail rotor?

regards, M

• 5 weeks later...

Any news here? The last update to their site was in April. Will this be another defunked project? The 3-D pictures are pretty but not worth much.

Edited by Otakar

The original plan was/is to have later on the Mi-8 equipped with the TV2-117 engines (the long nosed one with bigger intake) but of course first the Mi-17 (it has the very different TV3-117) has to come out. It all depends on the market reception of the Mi-17 kit but even then I would expect another subject before the original Mi-8.

You must remember that this is NOT an AMK product! It is the Czech company Annetra who are making the kit. AMK is just a small subcontractor in the whole project.

For Annetra this will be the first own kit so I expect that they have more than enough on their hands to arrange before release.

Be patient the end result will be worth waiting for!

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 2

For Annetra this will be the first own kit so I expect that they have more than enough on their hands to arrange before release.

Be patient the end result will be worth waiting for!

Best regards

Gabor

If you are involved I have every confidence that it will be right! Plenty to go at in the meantime.

Any news here? The last update to their site was in April. Will this be another defunked project? The 3-D pictures are pretty but not worth much.

This was posted by Annetra representative at modelforum.cz few days back:

"Unfortunately there is no progress on Mi-17/171 since mid-May, when AMK focused all their efforts on finishing the F-14. I guess the reason for that is obvious. However, it is done with my permission."

• Like 1

I have spoken to Mr Jares as promised.

Mi-17/171.

There will be two releases of model kit:

Easy kit" will be all parts outside, no engines, no gearbox, no interior. Probably 3 markings in each box.

King pack series will include the interior, engines and gearbox, PE sheet, masks, probably HGW rivets and seat-belts.

​He is hoping to have some plastic to show for the next Czech model day show, the first kit to be released is the Easy Kit”. No firm date for release as there are some sub-contractor works (not AMK) that need some time for their part of the model.

Those are the facts.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Hobby
  • Like 3

I have spoken to Mr Jares as promised.

Mi-17/171.

There will be two releases of model kit:

Easy kit" will be all parts outside, no engines, no gearbox, no interior. Probably 3 markings in each box.

King pack series will include the interior, engines and gearbox, PE sheet, masks, probably HGW rivets and seat-belts.

​He is hoping to have some plastic to show for the next Czech model day show, the first kit to be released is the Easy Kit”. No firm date for release as there are some sub-contractor works (not AMK) that need some time for their part of the model.

Those are the facts.

I'm confused with the easy kit and no interior, does that mean no cockpit?

If you are involved I have every confidence that it will be right! Plenty to go at in the meantime.

Hi Sleeper Service,

Well, NO, fortunately I am not involved with this project at all. I don’t see any reason for my cooperation.

The Mi-8 and Mi-17 are my love (especially the Mi-17PP Electronic Warfare birds we had, they are so ugly that it is beautiful :thumbsup: ) and over the past decades I have been involved with the “real metal” both as just passenger, also in the overhaul workshop from the moment they arrived, blown to bits with everything removed, stripped of all paint, overhauled, and once again put back together and test flown and in the end painted. All this provided an excellent opportunity to have a really detailed look (with a modellers eyes too) inside the real thing and to understand how it works and what I would like in my model. During all this time I had the best opportunity to measure the details, make plans, follow the work in the paint shop . . . It was real fun and I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time (well many months in fact). To share my experiences lots of articles were born from these opportunities both in local and international aviation publications.

I had contacts with Annetra in the past year, pointed to some problems on some of the CAD images but I know that the Czech designers of the kit have a lot of knowledge of the subject including access to the real thing so my knowledge is inferior in comparison to the opportunities they have. So, no I don’t have any real input in this project but have a full confidence that the Czech kit manufacturer will produce a really nice kit!!! To which I very much look forward to.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1

(especially the Mi-17PP Electronic Warfare birds we had,

From my visit to a Hungarian AB way back - can't pronounce the name ....Szentral.....something.

We had a great flight over lake Ballaton in a Mi-8....

mi-8_02.jpg

More of my photos on Linden Hill's website :- http://www.lindenhillimports.com/mi-8.htm

Here:- http://www.lindenhillimports.com/mi-8-2.htm

Here (including a GAZ powered example :- http://www.lindenhillimports.com/mi-8-3.htm

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
  • Like 1

Sorry for the off topic but the Mi-17PP (“Ping-Pong table” as it was called by crews) with the “Bison” (actually three different systems in it) Electronic Warfare system on it is fantastic! the two airframes (706 and 707) since then have been converted to regular transport helicopters by Danubian Aircraft Co. Everything connected with the EW role was removed, all the holes left on the fuselage stitched, windows added and a complete redo of the interior. Two earlier Mi-8’s were used as donors for all the missing bits and pieces. The only things missing from the new Mi-17 airframes are the outer frames for external weapons. The original fuselage did not have attachment points for them so it was not fitted.

All the removed parts were scraped, from the trash I have saved for my museum some of the external panels with original colours on them and inside them as well as three different versions of national marking on the side “big bin” or “suitcase” as it was sometimes called.

I only had a chance to build it in 72nd scale from the KP kit, but look forward to do it again in 48th on the Annetra kit.

Mi-17PP3.jpg

Mi-17PP2.jpg

It is interesting to see how the Tamiya versus AMK F-14 futile war is effecting this project.

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 2

Thank You for the updates. What I am interested in is that which can be seen with basic canopy or doors open and exterior. Obviously cockpit and a basic cabin interior will be required in the basic kit. That is if the compartment door is able to be built in the open position. If the door is molded as a single piece with the fuselage than the interior is not required. Even the old Revell H-34 has a basic interior supplied. That is all I would expect in the basic kit. Put my name down for two of those. Once the upgraded kit comes out, put my name down for one of those. I am interested in Czech markings only also.

This was posted by Annetra representative at modelforum.cz few days back:

"Unfortunately there is no progress on Mi-17/171 since mid-May, when AMK focused all their efforts on finishing the F-14. I guess the reason for that is obvious. However, it is done with my permission."

Do you have the link to this forum on Modelforum.CZ?