1/48 - Mil Mi-17 (Mi-8MT) Hip - by Annetra

172flogger

And what about Mi-8? Is there any chance or we should wait for the conversion?

Which 'Mi-8' do you mean ???

There are two (maybe now 3) generations of Mi-8.

The first was the Mi-8T - with the tail rotor on the starboard side. Export versions were also called Mi-8T (Finland and East Germany)

The second generation is the Mi-8MT - with uprated engines, port side tail rotor and other changes.

Export versions were called Mi-17.

So, a Mi-8MT and a Mi-17 are one and the same thing - there's a long explanation over on ARC.

Here's a graphic wot I did showing the differences.....

Mi-8T 1st gen.....

a-differences_01.jpg

Mi-8MT/Mi-17 2nd gen.....

a-differences_02.jpg

Ken

• Like 3

May I humbly suggest the Ka-25, not as many users as the Mi-8 (still 8 according to Wiki) but a mainstay of USSR naval aviation for most of the Cold War.

Thanks for replying Martin.... Another vote for the Ka 25 just for future reference. I'd be over the moon with a Mil-28 though!

May I humbly suggest the Ka-25, not as many users as the Mi-8 (still 8 according to Wiki) but a mainstay of USSR naval aviation for most of the Cold War.

I will send this information to our partner Annetra and to our HQ for information. I can’t make any promises of course I can only forward this for you.

edit: Information sent to AMK and Annetra.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Hobby
  • Like 1

Hi,

yeah :) I am used to export naming.

There is now only Mi-8MT/Mi-17 to be released so I was wondering if Mi-8T will be also available or we should wait for the conversion.

Also as there is Mi-17 maybe it's worth to think about Mi-14PL/PS.

Thanks,

P.

Edited by stakor
  • Like 2

Pavla did a resin conversion set for the 1/72 Hobby Boss Mi-8MT kit - it needed a completly new engine decking....

Mi-8%20020.jpg

It is quite different.....

Mi-8%20021.jpg

As for a Mi-14 - that would require a complete new fuselage, sponsons, undercarriage etc..

It isn't my scale, but if it was I'd purchase loads of the Mi-8MT/Mi-17 kit to convince Annetra that kits of the Mi-8T & Mi-14 would be commercially viable.

Ken

• Like 1

I was given a 1/48 ish 1st gen MiL 8 over 40 years ago, along with a Yak Forger, by a Russian friend. Quite basic, white plastic, pink rotor blades and the clear parts were all tinted green. Long gone. Be good to have an up-to-date issue. Raspberry Ripple methinks.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...