1/48 - Mil Mi-17 (Mi-8MT) Hip - by Annetra

172flogger

So if this is the AMK kit, reboxed, I assume the CAD drawings are AMK's too? Looks OK to me....?

There's no AMK 1/48th Mil Mi-8/17 kit in view...

AMK is a chinese plastic model company. Annetra s.r.o. is the Czech distributor and partner from AMK.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday at the excellent Cheb Model Show 2015 in the Czech Republik I had the opportunity to speak with the owner and chief of Annetra. His plans with this kit are very ambitious since there are two releases planned. One plain kit and the other will be a profi pack with some PE and superdetail options. When the sales will be satisfying, the Mi-24 Hind will follow.

Since the Mi-17 is serving in more than 60 countries and offering a wealth of modelling opportunities, the sales hopefully will be good. The moulds are going to be produced by AMK, so a kit of up to date standard can be expected..

A first test shot is expected for the Nürnberg Toy Fair in February 2016.

• Like 6

"When the sales will be satisfying, the Mi-24 Hind will follow."

Right everyone get buying the Mi-8 when it comes out next year :)

Andy

Mind you I'd have brought the Hind out first.

• 1 month later...

Correct in everything you say.

Annetra is our partner and we look forward to helping to bring the Mil-8/17 to market.

You can be sure this is a super tool helicopter of the quality you will not have seen before.

Annetra has the same passion for quality as we do so it’s a perfect partnership we think.

Hind comes soon after.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Hobby
  • Like 6

Martin, I'm very excited about this... Like you wouldn't believe.... I'm a huge Soviet/Russian fan, this will go very high on my to build list, I could name at least 10 I'd want to build but realistically I'll be building 3!

Apart from the Mil-24, do you have any other types that you'd like to release? Obviously you can't say what :)

• Like 1

Really looking forward to this kit.......did a fair bit of flying around the Balkans (and in Snowdonia !) in these way back......not sure about recreating the Slovak digital scheme from one of the cabs I regularly travelled on though !.

• Like 1

Martin, I'm very excited about this... Like you wouldn't believe.... I'm a huge Soviet/Russian fan, this will go very high on my to build list, I could name at least 10 I'd want to build but realistically I'll be building 3!

Apart from the Mil-24, do you have any other types that you'd like to release? Obviously you can't say what :)

I’m getting into Russian stuff myself but I am not the boss so I can only make suggestions for Mr Sio to consider.

As far as Annetra is concerned, we don’t have any influence as they are a separate company but we do work closely together. The Mil-8/17 is our first (but not last) project together.

Mi-24A / D / MS is what I would like together with perhaps a Mi-28 and Ka-226....

• Like 3

I’m getting into Russian stuff myself but I am not the boss so I can only make suggestions for Mr Sio to consider.

As far as Annetra is concerned, we don’t have any influence as they are a separate company but we do work closely together. The Mil-8/17 is our first (but not last) project together.

Mi-24A / D / MS is what I would like together with perhaps a Mi-28 and Ka-226....

May I humbly suggest the Ka-25, not as many users as the Mi-8 (still 8 according to Wiki) but a mainstay of USSR naval aviation for most of the Cold War.

• Like 4

May I humbly suggest the Ka-25, not as many users as the Mi-8 (still 8 according to Wiki) but a mainstay of USSR naval aviation for most of the Cold War.

The Ka 25 would get my vote too.....always thought it was an interesting-looking helicopter, with the bonus of some attractive colour schemes.

• Like 1