Bandai Snowspeeder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was undecided about whether I should get one of these for a future build. This thread beautifully showcases the detail of the model and what can be done with some imagination and skill. Definitely a worthwhile addition to the stash. Thanks for sharing with us.

• Like 1

I was undecided about whether I should get one of these for a future build. This thread beautifully showcases the detail of the model and what can be done with some imagination and skill. Definitely a worthwhile addition to the stash. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks Rob. You won't be disappointed if you get one. Definitely one of Bandai's best releases

Andy

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic model and a real inspiration. Not only are you very talented but your hints, tips and tutorials are very good and very much in the spirit (to my mind) of helping everyone improve. I have certainly learnt a lot already just from this build. I hope you do not mind but I am planning on copying your ideas for the base as it really finishes off a superb model.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wow. I'd love to say something more but I can't think of anything else other than wow. I've just started to re build this model with an overhaul on a terrible paint job. If I come anywhere near your truly amazing paint job I will be amazed.

You truly are a genius sir and I bow down to you

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 14/03/2019 at 13:43, Piero Stark said:

WOW. AMAZING WORK.

I think you should make a video sometime of how you use airbrush or open a youtube channel, you are a master.

What airbrush do you have?

Thanks Piero,

I use a Harder & Steenbeck Evolution Silverline with a 0.2mm needle

Andy:cat:

14 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

Thanks Piero,

I use a Harder & Steenbeck Evolution Silverline with a 0.2mm needle

Thanks for the answer, I seen in other amazing post that you use most Tamiya colors, you use also Vallejo or ammo mig colors? How you thin all this colors?

I make you this question because I have a iwata neo cn, and I use Vallejo mecha and ammo mig colors, and after few spray my airbrush is always stuck, and the most common problem is the dry tip, the color in the tip of the needle dry very fast and stuck it. :(

So I don’t know if it’s my problem that I thin wrong the colors, or is a airbrush problem 

• Like 1

On 16/03/2019 at 08:48, Piero Stark said:

I make you this question because I have a iwata neo cn, and I use Vallejo mecha and ammo mig colors, and after few spray my airbrush is always stuck, and the most common problem is the dry tip, the color in the tip of the needle dry very fast and stuck it. :(

So I don’t know if it’s my problem that I thin wrong the colors, or is a airbrush problem 

I doubt it's an airbrush problem. Vallejo paints have a tendency to dry on the tip of the needle and clog the nozzle. You can get them to spray better by adding a drop of drying retarder to the paint. Vallejo makes a retarder, which is the best choice for their paints.

You can do the same thing for AMMO paints, or you can try thinning them with Gunze Levelling Thinner which will make them spray much better and prevent them from drying on the needle tip. You will need good ventilation though as it's a lacquer thinner and smells quite strong.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

I doubt it's an airbrush problem. Vallejo paints have a tendency to dry on the tip of the needle and clog the nozzle. You can get them to spray better by adding a drop of drying retarder to the paint. Vallejo makes a retarder, which is the best choice for their paints.

I agree. I used to not like Vallejo paints but using their retarder makes a world of difference for the airbrush. Also the pressure used and length of spray can add to a dry tip. I always have a qtip with window cleaner on standby to wipe the tip ever now and again. A quick air spray away from the model before I continue painting.    

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 13/10/2015 at 23:23, Andy Moore said:

22132870392_3beb5f3942_b.jpg

Hey Andy,

first of all let me say how much I appreciate your lovely work. I am a new member here and and there are so many great people here at Britmodeller!

I have a question about that Snowspeeder you built a while ago. Is there a reason you used masking fluid for the chipped parts? Do you think that masking fluid does a better job at chipping than a chipping fluid sprayed with an airbrush?

Thanks for being so awesome! 😉

All the best from Germany,

Max

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Agriamodeling said:

Congratulation, this Snowspeeder is outstanding!

Thanks Tamás

9 hours ago, DerFuta said:

Is there a reason you used masking fluid for the chipped parts? Do you think that masking fluid does a better job at chipping than a chipping fluid sprayed with an airbrush?

Thanks Max,

No, there's no particular reason why I didn't use chipping fluid. Doing it that way would have worked just as well - probably better actually. The main reason I used masking fluid was that it was quick, and I only needed to do the chipping on quite a small area. If I'd done it over the whole ship I would probably have used chipping fluid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1