1/32 - Dassault Mirage IIIE/R/RD/O by Italeri - released - conversion sets: M5/50 & Nesher by Antarki; Cheetah-D, E, MIIID2Z & B by Scaleworx; Kfir C-2/C-7 by AztecModels

Homebee

• 3 weeks later...

1/32nd Dassault Mirage IIIO decals by Ronin Graphics

Sources: 

https://roningraphicsaustralia.com/shop?olsPage=products%2F132-limited-edition-raaf-mirage-iii-decals-pre-order

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1674056092714949&id=570533299733906

HI All. Okay I have been getting some static about doing 1/32 Mirage decals. so this what I propose. Here is a sample of the decals that I would be looking at doing in 1/32 scale. Now due to the LACK of sales of 1/32 decals in the past and the losses that it has created. This set will be a Pre order set.
The pre order meaning a deposit will be taken on them, and if we get enough sales it will go ahead and the remainder will need to be paid before posting. This is a large set with a large booklet of instructions and the price will be $70.00 a set. with a $5.00 deposit required upon order.This deposit is NONE refundable if you decided to cancel your order. If the sales don't come up to the required numbers then the deposit will be refunded. If you don't like this idea then don't order. Here is a rough sample of what the decals will look like. The print run will take place in exactly 1 month from now the 8th of July all order must be in By the 1st July.

3469179.jpg  34702355.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 1 month later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1719644054822819&id=570533299733906

Hi all another update on the 1/32 Mirage decals. We still only have 34 confirmed pre paid orders for this set. so i have put the printing back until 1st August hoping that the final decal set images may entice more orders. Remember that this set will only be available from me and I will only print to the number ordered. This set comes with a 30+ page book just like the 1/48 sets did. So pass the word because at present it is still not a viable set. Yes there are yellows/Black intake surround decals for the 2 OCU bird. and yes there will be two sets of the data/ roundels with each set.

36954209.jpg

36952486.jpg

V.P.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 05/10/2018 at 08:53, thepureness said:

can be picked up for £33 on Jadlam pre order, that is £67 cheaper than Italeri rrp

That price has gone up to £49.95 now - still cheaper than the Italeri price.

On 10/5/2018 at 10:53 AM, thepureness said:

can be picked up for £33 on Jadlam pre order, that is £67 cheaper than Italeri rrp

I find it quite surprising for kit manufacturers to agree to reciprocal boxing agreements which push prices up or down accordingly. This is a classic case in point. When I first saw the Revell announcement, together with a price check, I immediately assumed it was merely a re-box of their original Dassault Mirage IIIE with a new decal sheet rather than the infinitely more expensive Italeri kit. There are similar traits with Hasegawa kits that also appear in Revell boxes for considerably less. Conversely, Hasegawa market ICM kits (the 1:48 MiG-25 RBT being a classic case in point) for, in some cases, double the price of the original !. Given that many modellers use aftermarket decal sheets anyway, why would you pay double or more for the basic plastic contained in the box ?.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

I find it quite surprising for kit manufacturers to agree to reciprocal boxing agreements which push prices up or down accordingly. This is a classic case in point. When I first saw the Revell announcement, together with a price check, I immediately assumed it was merely a re-box of their original Dassault Mirage IIIE with a new decal sheet rather than the infinitely more expensive Italeri kit. There are similar traits with Hasegawa kits that also appear in Revell boxes for considerably less. Conversely, Hasegawa market ICM kits (the 1:48 MiG-25 RBT being a classic case in point) for, in some cases, double the price of the original !. Given that many modellers use aftermarket decal sheets anyway, why would you pay double or more for the basic plastic contained in the box ?.   

I like the Revell approach.... not so much the Hasegawa one...

Different target clients I assume!

Revell calculates to sell much higher volumes. Even though the markets are overlapping, Italeri wouldn't make near the money of this kit selling it thru their channels / it would take them considerable longer to get there. As these deals are time limited it disent hurt Italeri sales too much in the long term. 

Received mine this morning. All the Italeri plastic, no etch, but nice decals for...

(Box top) silver scheme IIIE, Ardennes 1993, BA 133 Nancy-Ochey 

Grey/green camo IIIRD, Moselle 1987, BA 124 Strasbourg-Entzheim

Two tone grey camo IIIO, No.3 Sqn 1983, RAAF Butterworth, Malaysia 

Definitely one to build

Tony

• Like 2

Ordered two. Recieved at weekend. Thankfully, no p/e parts. They would have been binned right away as I hate p/e. Looks excellent and a bargain at £37.99!! Especially when you consider the Italeri price! Personally, I would have preferred the IIIC version to have been repackaged by Revell (cue standard cliches as to why the IIIC is a less attractive option) but, this is just fine for now.!😀😀

Allan 

On 10/12/2018 at 8:27 PM, tony.t said:

Received mine this morning. All the Italeri plastic, no etch, but nice decals for...

(Box top) silver scheme IIIE, Ardennes 1993, BA 133 Nancy-Ochey 

Grey/green camo IIIRD, Moselle 1987, BA 124 Strasbourg-Entzheim

Two tone grey camo IIIO, No.3 Sqn 1983, RAAF Butterworth, Malaysia 

Definitely one to build

Tony

Nice

been looking to see if the Aussie options will be camo or grey birds, and you sir have made my day. This will be on the radar for Christmas.....

rgds

On 10/15/2018 at 7:05 PM, Mr B said:

Nice

been looking to see if the Aussie options will be camo or grey birds, and you sir have made my day. This will be on the radar for Christmas.....

rgds

Its an odd scheme A3-49 in the lo-viz grey scheme but with full colour 3 Sqn markings. I have not been able to find a single photo of it in that scheme. Plenty with 77 Sqn and 2 OCU though, mind you the 77 Sqn photos are post 3 Sqn converting to Hornets so it could have happened. Can be seen here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/revellations/revell-1-32-mirage-iiie-rd-o-kit-number-03919-t4437.html 

Edited by Biggles81

2 hours ago, Biggles81 said:

Its an odd scheme A3-49 in the lo-viz grey scheme but with full colour 3 Sqn markings. I have not been able to find a single photo of it in that scheme. Plenty with 77 Sqn and 2 OCU though, mind you the 77 Sqn photos are post 3 Sqn converting to Hornets so it could have happened. Can be seen here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/revellations/revell-1-32-mirage-iiie-rd-o-kit-number-03919-t4437.html 

Hello,

There are two pictures of A3-49 in this scheme in the Mason and  Mottram book http://mmpbooks.biz/shop2/?target=product&product_id=17670

But Revell decals appear to be not too faithful, the stars on the Southern Cross  are positioned differently on A3-49 and the yellow on the Squadron markings should be a bit more orange.

Actually, it was a 77 SQN aircraft repainted for the parade to mark 3 SQN reformation on Hornets in august 1986, and this livery was very short-lived.

Philippe

Edited by PhilHoff

So strictly speaking then not a 3 Squadron aircraft at Butterworth per the Revell blurb. My copy of Mottram and Mason is in storage in Australia so I could not check there but if it had existed then it would have been in the bible. That said I thought the Revell interpretation of the 3 Squadron markings seemed somewhat odd but in this case I think the 77 Surfins were not at the top of their game either with the stars on the rudder.

It also reminds me that I should have checked Motty's website. Sure enough there it is at Williamtown (not Butterworth):

T-13-01.jpg

WB-038-01.jpg

WB-014-01.jpg

and what it normally looked like:

Brian-Orourke-070-01.jpg

Edited by Biggles81

On 10/16/2018 at 9:19 PM, Biggles81 said:

Thanks for the link. Looks great in the new boxing much nicer instructions....i read the original posting too fast, i thought they had a olive/grey camo in the box. Oh well, the grey one looks good too, but was not used in butterworth? Anyways.... there is after market decals ....😂

Rgds 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone completed a build on this kit yet?  I am very tempted, but rather put off by one online review which suggests that the under fuselage and nose areas have fit problems, which apparently make it hard to get the very nicely moulded windscreen and canopy to fit.

Any information welcome.  I still have the old Revell Mirage III from 25 years ago, so maybe could combine them !

John B