1/72 - Spitfire Mk. I, II and V by re-Kovozavody Prostějov (AZ Model)

172flogger

Excellent, been awaiting the Vb trop boxing.

If you use AM decals I don't think it matters which kit you use; my 1B kit seeems to include all the different props LR tank and tropical nose parts. I think the "late" Vb kit has a different canopy moulding for the "internal" armoured screen. Otherwise the instructions, decals and box are probably the only differences between the kits.

It's certainly a very nicely moulded kit.

Cheers

Will

I just ordered the Vb, can't wait to see it. If it's moulded like the IX is, then I'll be happy. The only Vb I have in my collection right now is the Revell kit, which of course has the mother of all Spitfire boo-boos on its belly. I glued it to a base so no one can pick it up and turn it over! I have the Sword Vc trop in my stash, that doesn't look bad in the box either.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Photos show something a lot darker than Azure Blue. But do you really want to start that bunfight over again?

But before doing that, go and read Paul Lucas's article in Scale Aircraft Modelling.

Edited by Graham Boak
  • Like 1

Photos show something a lot darker than Azure Blue. But do you really want to start that bunfight over again?

But before doing that, go and read Paul Lucas's article in Scale Aircraft Modelling.

How am I putting up a fight ?

I was only repeating what the instructions say, I did not make any statement on the real colors.

I am just interested in unusual schemes, I wonder where KP/AZ got their info from ...

Bill, trust me, you'll be a very happy bird when you get it! Their older Vb (the AZ one) is also well worth the candle.

For what it's worth, I think it's better than their MkIX.

I received the new KP Spitfire Mk.VB (the Czech Pilots version, not any of the Tropical ones, although the tropical filter is included). You guys were right, it looks fantastic, but I wish there was an open canopy option. Oh well, that Falcon set of Spitfire vacuform canopies will come in handy.

I think that old Revell VB in my display case is about to be sent on a mission to reconnoiter the bottom of the bin.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

I think that old Revell VB in my display case is about to be sent on a mission to reconnoiter the bottom of the bin.

Nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Like 2

Why bin it when there's a ready market on ebay for built up kits?

Huh, never thought of that. You think somebody would actually buy it? It has a flat belly - no gull wing! A true Spitfire aficionado would gasp in horror. Although I have glued it to a base since this photo was taken, maybe they won't see it.

How do you ship stuff like this without it breaking? Plastic models aren't exactly durable goods.

100_2507.jpg

Cheers,

Bill

Despite the fact that I have quite a few - admittedly obtained via donation or as ebay job lots with other things - I've never actually built a Revell Vb, although I have used the fuselages with Airfix PR19 wings as whiffed PRIVs.

I may have to do one for the experience...

• Like 1

Huh, never thought of that. You think somebody would actually buy it? It has a flat belly - no gull wing! A true Spitfire aficionado would gasp in horror. Although I have glued it to a base since this photo was taken, maybe they won't see it.

Cheers,

Bill

I was oblivious to the "gull-wing" until seeing it mentioned on Britmodeller, despite reading many books about the Spitfire. Still I prefer the old Airfix Vb to the Revell one in 1/72!

Cheers

Will

Edited by malpaso
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

New boxing - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc - S/ldr Eugenius Horbaczewski - ref.

Source:  https://www.facebook.com/kovop/posts/548819201978600

KP has prepared and now is releasing the new line of products called "Club line". These kits are specially for school modeler clubs or for begginners. Every kit contains only one camo scheme. What is fine is the end price, which is 6,99 EUR.

14910385_548816621978858_688995517517883

14937360_548816615312192_894702029645376

V.P.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Wooksta! said:

Weren't those decals in the older Airfix mk IXc kit?

Those decals are everywhere. Incoming Eduard will have them too. I guess this is the most popular Polish Spitfire.