McDonnell F-4C Phantom II (1/48, Eduard)

David Lengyel

Hello everyone, XMM full trunking intakes arrived from Russia so I tried to fit them on the Phantom. It looks like pretty straightforward replacement, so I'm praying it would be true. Now I have everything to seal the fuselage. Rhino will get his distinct shape soon, hopefully.

jsx5cll.jpg

bjjbhlz.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

After some time off the bench because of running scale model show event and necessary education which allow me to lead scale modeling club for kids and youth, I'm back on the Rhino project. As shown on pictures, Rhino underwent some treatment over seams which means lots of tiny repairs because of bubbles in resin parts or screwed up lines (my mistake). A couple of final adjustments and it will get an overall bad bottom black coat.

fJF3b9k.jpg

s8M0e88.jpg

De8PTeY.jpg

t36oxya.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Looks very nice with primer on! :goodjob: and what a neat masking for the cockpit, you have all my admiration :clap::clap:

Two minor points: it looks like you have a couple of scratches on the air intake outside lips (your 4th and last pic - you probably already know that) and there shouldn't be a panel line on the small air scoops (see here).

Ciao

• 1 month later...

Alright, so mine die-cut masks didn't arrive on time, but the fight continues. All primed with black surfacer, metallic coat over relevant areas and die-cut masks aka replacement for largest decals are in place. Now it's ready for some paints.

bNMRVVe.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...