Texas ANG F-4C

This has been a bit of a workbench squatter, somehow if it could have gone wrong it did. I lost a sprue with some vital bits on which as you can see did eventually turn up. Once assembled I got horrendous paint runs which necessitated stripping it down, then the second bottle of paint I had in stock turned out to be an old empty one and no one had it in stock in the UK.

Any road up her she is, not my finest work but at least finished.F4C%201_zps5yvceggq.jpg

The kit itself is very cleverly moulded in different colours but in turn that makes it harder to assemble and pretty pointless as it is going to be painted anyway. I had no real issues in assembly and used Hypersonics Tailplanes and ejection seats.F4C%202_zpsxfn0daum.jpgF4C%203_zpsavn3guib.jpg

The Caracal decals were great to apply and conformed really well. I went for a nice clean machine as that was how it looked on the photos I found on t'interweb. I guess that as Guard machines they would have been well looked after.

F4C%204_zpslsxxuzxv.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 24

Sometimes it's nice to see a pristine example of its marque, instead of some battered, grimy caricature.

This is a beautiful build.

• Like 2

My absolute favourite of the ADC schemes, I have decals to build this machine in both 1:72 & 1:48. Thanks for posting this, it should give me the kick-in-the-backside that I need to get mine to the bench.

Great model, sir (just remember to un-mask that middle window !!).

Ian.

• Like 1

Gimme a T for TEXAS!!! Lovely work; I'd really like one of these to fit between my F-101B and 147 FW F-16...just when I convinced myself I couldn't justify more £s on a diet of plastic, you come along and do this to me! Well, I hope you're pleased with yerself!

:goodjob:

• Like 1

Sometimes it's nice to see a pristine example of its marque, instead of some battered, grimy caricature.

Especially since crew chiefs of ANG units tend to take a lot of pride in the appearance of their aircraft.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1