Italeri 1/48 F-7F 3N Tigercat

With;

Quick Boost - Undercarriage Covers & Gun Barrels

SAC – Undercarriage (which I lost part of then found it a year later, I didn’t end up fitting them)

UltraCast – Props (kit ones are backwards!!)

This was a build for the Splendid Cats GB, but with big changes in my work shift roster meant it wouldn’t get completed in time. So she sat near the box of doom until I was reminded about her by an interested member, so I figured I’d try to complete her.

The big challenge for me was not to damage or change her finish by clear coats, the finish you see is weathering of the base black colour. I eventually found/tried some paint masks which I haven’t used before. So the only decals used are the identity numbers/letters and warning markings.

In the end I fell in love with her again and am really glad I finally finished her….even if she’s a bit late for the GB! Now I just need to finish the Ta-154 to go with her!

Here is the link to the build – build link

Please enjoy

DSCF2787_zpsk65cuqas.jpg

DSCF2781_zpshxwv6r8w.jpg

DSCF2784_zpsagtxcnal.jpg

DSCF2785_zps3o1f3asy.jpg

DSCF2790_zpsqw3wob17.jpg

DSCF2791_zps97gzxhxl.jpg

DSCF2792_zpsfjz8mn9g.jpg

DSCF2794_zpsbmx2dnaz.jpg

• Like 13

Nice one Rich. Although I see some holes in the underside of rhe wings. I think these are for rockets?!

Cheers

yeah i'm still tossing up whether I'll fit them or not, may just fit the empty pylons.