1/72nd Airfix Greek Hurricane Mk.IIb, Western Desert`

tonyot

Hiya Folks,

I`ve wanted to build a model of a Greek Hurricane for a long time so as I had an Airfix special set which included a Hurricane Mk.IIb with Soviet markings I thought that I`d give it a go. This kit is the recent`ish' Airfix Hurricane Mk.IIc kit with an additional 12 gun Mk.IIb wing in the box but it still has the tiny tailplane, box like forward fuselage, shape issues and short propeller! The spares box was raided for a set of larger tailplanes and the propeller came from a very old Matchbox Hurricane while the forward fuselage was sanded like mad to reduce the box like look and the windscreen was also sanded and polished back again to improve the shape.

Despite all of this the wing still looks too thin and I`m not happy with the shape of the model in general but here it is anyway,...come on Airfix, please replace this duffer of a kit with a new one!;

DSCF6263_zpsaxuh26jg.jpg

DSCF6261_zpsn89gbz45.jpg

DSCF6267_zps0r7c05kf.jpg

DSCF6266_zpsn56aelot.jpg

DSCF6265_zps8eflubb1.jpg

DSCF6264_zpslwokqjqa.jpg

DSCF6258_zps3yuyr5hc.jpg

DSCF6257_zps6g8zq6th.jpg

Cheers

Tony

• Like 24

Opa! That looks excellent, Tony! Regarding the 'Sigma', and I don't know how Tony conjured it up, but Cyrillic doesn't have it - the 'S' in Cyrillic is represented by a 'C'. As a side note, the Cyrillic alphabet is based on the Greek alphabet. 'P', for example, represents an 'R' in both scripts.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 2

I know it get's a lot of Stick but I love this kit and that,s a great example of it Tony,funny but these kit,s a selling for well over a tenner from the

pre-owned dealer,s and don,t stick around to long so release a new one or re-release this one Airfix! Anyway back to the build,another great

scheme you've dug out Tony,keep 'em coming :thumbsup:

• Like 1