1/72nd HobbyBoss P-38 Lightning in Honduran markings

philp

Thanks all. I love small air forces and this is the first one I have finished. Planning a few from the Soccer War.

Also have a Jamaican Islander that has stalled as I need to make some decals for it and haven't done that before.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Would you happen to have any pics from your Dad's time in the service?  I actually have a Honduran P-63 waiting to be done.

Not sure about selling it, never done that before.  It is really only an ok build.

• Like 1

This is a nice Lightning in an uncommon color scheme.  It is very nice work.  As for perfection, I don't know of any modeler that has finished a kit and pronounced it "perfect".  No matter how good it looks to others, and how perfect it seems to them, the modeler only sees the little (or in my case, huge) imperfections that were left and how much more that could have been done.  My opinion, you did good.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I do have a several images of my dad's time in service between 1974-2004. I'll be more than happy to share anything I have that could aid you in any future Honduran airforce projects you'd like to tackle in the future. Main reason my dad got in was to fly the Honduran Corsair, but never got the chance to fly a warbird unfortunately but he did fly several types such as CL-13 Mk4, A-37B, EMB 312 Tucano, C-101 Aviojet, Super Mystere, F-5E/F Tiger II. I'm not a model maker but I want to build up a collection strictly only from the Honduran airforce, so let me know if you'd sell you P-38 please!

My email is [email protected] so I can share the images with you.

• Like 1