Tamiya 1/32 F-16CJ

Also known as "it's amazing what you can do when you've got time on your hands"

Having recently been confined to barracks due to a minor heart attack (and recently discovering that my consultancy contract was not being renewed) means I've had the last 4 weeks to thin the stash a little.

This is the first fruit of all that free time, the Tamiya 1/32 F-16 CJ. Built out of the box, painted with a mix of Vallejo and Tamiya paints.

21318625448_c446ddf0a3_b.jpg

Left side view

21480240206_b5e0a48d3b_b.jpg

Right side view

21319571999_0fb2ddb443_b.jpg

Cockpit view

21495424422_dd11e6b68f_b.jpg

Low level shot.

21515163921_d533cdd841_b.jpg

The radar.

Pictures taken on my iPad and I do realise I've still got to paint the pitot.

Thanks for looking

Edited by Simon Williams
  • Like 27

Hello,Simon - First of all I wish you a speedy return to good health and more contentment on the work front.A good hobby is not always the answer to everything but it certainly can provide some welcome diversion which we all need at times.Delighted to see that it's working for you with this most impressive build of your 'F16'.She really looks the part and I love the level of finish and detail.All the best to you,Paul.

Thanks Paul. The heart attack was a bit of a warning, so there are already a few lifestyle changes in progress. I've lost 10lb in weight in the last 6 weeks and I'm just going to take some time out and complete my cardiac rehab. Glad you like the model.

Thanks Paul. The heart attack was a bit of a warning, so there are already a few lifestyle changes in progress. I've lost 10lb in weight in the last 6 weeks and I'm just going to take some time out and complete my cardiac rehab. Glad you like the model.

You're more than welcome,Simon.Good luck with everything."Keep your airspeed up!!" All the best to you,Paul.

By any chance you used the engine? l feel your pain. l have had problems myself but whether it's the heart or something else has yet been determined. l am suppose to get a Cardiolite scan on Tuesday "IF" they don't cancel again. So in the meanwhile l can not work my usual job (driving forklift) so l am down to light labour for a few days a week just to make ends meet

Edited by hacker

I did use the engine, but the barest minimum, just to give something to see in the exhaust and intake trunks.

I hope you get a diagnosis of some sort soon, not knowing what the problem is must be a worry in itself. I've got my first outpatients appointment at the beginning of next month and an echocardiogram soon after that. I'm still waiting for an appointment for a cardiac MRI to see what damage, if any, has been done to my heart muscle. With good luck, it should be minimal.