Soviet Project 673 submarine 1/350

praded-dembelya

• 1 month later...

I got mine in the post a couple of days ago - minus the etched brass prop, instructions and decals.

The Ebay seller is sending them when he gets them.

I also received the Project 1710 'Mackerel' (Beluga Class) - complete.

I'll start them both when I wind down from getting stuff ready for Telford.

Ken

• Like 1

I received exact same kits in exact same condition, however with no promise of sending the PE set or instructions for the 673. The irony is that I didn't even order the 673. Ordered the Mackrel, Kasholet, and the Sturgeon Long Hull and instead the Mackrel and 673 showed up...Though I think we use the same eBayer.

Woodstock74.....

I got the promise...'cos I contacted him via the Ebay site - it wasn't volunteered.

I expect he's getting ahead of himself, sending the plastic out before he has the etched parts, instructions and decals (if there are any)

These two new kits aren't yet featured on the Mikro-Mir site - so you can't even go there for a copy of the instruction sheet.

Be interesting to find out his relationship with MM ...........

Ken

• 2 years later...

It is 19cm/7.5in long Mike.........

350_Project%20673_06.jpg

http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/model_submarines_350_scale.html#Russian_Project_673

Whilst building the kit I came across a US Navy design for a sub with a retractable fin/sail/conning tower - but I can't find it now.

Ken

PS Found It!! - Us Navy 'CONFORM' Project :- http://www.subsim.com/books/images/CONFORM.jpg

Edited by Flankerman
  • Like 1

She also had a set of 'dive brakes' around the hull.............

350_USS%20Albacore%20AGSS-569_05.jpg

From Wiki.....

On 21 November 1960, the ship entered the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard for a major overhaul and conversion in which she received: a new, experimental, "X"-shaped tail for increased control; 10 dive brakes around her hull, a new bow which included modified forward ballast tanks, new sonar systems, and a large auxiliary rudder in the after part of her sail.

My build here.

Ken

• Like 1