Steve,s 1/48 odyssey

stevej60

Hi folk,s next winged project is a couple of Eduard Weekend Me109,s.I build my first Eduard 109 as the trop version

and I loved everything about it so with my LMS knocking them out for a tenner I picked a pair over the last couple of

months.I also picked up the Airfix club kit at King Kit and used it for the BoB GB leaving the decals free so what better

schemes for them than the two in the Airfix boxing,so one will be in British colour,s (I love the yellow undersides) and

the other in the lesser Known Japanese scheme (original Luftwaffe) which I think will look great with the Japanese

Markings,should get a start tomorrow,here,s the two scheme's.

airfixclub1_48me109e3%201_zpss3mdlw4j.jp

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

Hi folk,s in this morning's session while I had the airbrush out I was spraying a couple of other interiors etc I thought it might be an idea to add a couple

of other subject's and "flesh out" the thread,so another seven quid wonder in the form of an old Airfix Stuka and a Revell Me 110 nightfighter will join the

two 109,s.The Stuka as you can see is an old palitoy era boxing but was still shrink wrapped and the decal,s were as new.It will be done in light

green/dark green over light blue although the instruction state a libya based machine.

SDC14513%20640x480_zpssoxmyusq.jpg

The first job was to build the basic cockpit's Stuka and 109x2.

SDC14517%20640x480_zpscgg3pg8e.jpgSDC14519%20640x480_zpswognj7hh.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 4

Phew, for a moment I thought you meant four in forty-eight hours!

Happy building Steve :popcorn:

Cheers,

Stew

Quick but not that quick Stew,I,m taking my time with these(he said)!

Morning folk,s a bit of work on the cockpits over the last few day,s and here,s some of the progress.The 109's have been the usual delight that

you would expect from Eduard and only need the instrument panel,s adding,I love the harness supplied although only one of the weekend (trop)

has them in the box so a spare one was used from a Fw190 which is different but will suffice.

SDC14521%20640x480_zps4lqeybib.jpg

SDC14524%20640x480%202_zpsmap7cbhb.jpg

The Stuka despite it,s age has a decent enough cockpit which once painted and weathered looks good enough for most,I added the roll bar

behind the pilot's seat which is not present in the kit and need to scratch build a headrest.I placed the crew's parachute,s on the seats to hide

the awful ejector pin marks and made the harness from the border that surround,s the Eduard harness sheet's and painted a few detail's on

the fuselage sides and IP and added a few scrap decals here and there.

SDC14528%20640x480_zpsxnvjahax.jpg

SDC14530%20640x480_zpsldxsijxp.jpg

SDC14531%20640x480_zpsg2uuskyb.jpg

Thank's for looking in.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

Hi folk's just a last update for now the Me110 cockpit is just about done so here's a couple of shot;s before the other side is fixed in place and

most of the detail cannot be seen.

SDC14534%20640x480_zpsyczvemfz.jpg

SDC14535%20640x480_zpsuwiz1gu3.jpg

• Like 2

Excellent start Steve.

All the cockpits look really nice, and the extra work you have put into the Ju-87 cockpit brings it right up to the standard of the others, its hard to believe that Airfix were making cockpits like this all those years ago. I wonder if a 1/48 Ju-87 is on their list of kits to re-do?

Craig.

Excellent start Steve.

All the cockpits look really nice, and the extra work you have put into the Ju-87 cockpit brings it right up to the standard of the others, its hard to believe that Airfix were making cockpits like this all those years ago. I wonder if a 1/48 Ju-87 is on their list of kits to re-do?

Craig.

Thank,s Craig,I would put money on Airfix doing a new 1/48 scale Stuka once their 1/72 kit is established.

• Like 1

Excellent start, Steve. Looking really good !

The old stuka from Airfix has probably the most realistic surfaces with raised lines and rivets.

:goodjob:

Thank,s Bernd,I would agree for it's age probably one of the best examples of this type of molding you will find,this must have been one of the first

batch of kit;s released and as such the details are sharp and crisp even compared with my earlier build which I guessed was a late eighties/early

nineties release.

• Like 1

Hi folk,s a change in title due to the loss of a major part of one of the Eduard 109,s which has meant I have had to pull the plug on the Japanese

example.Not a great deal to show for the last week's efforts lot's of wing assembling and other bit;s and pieces,the Stuka is progressing faster

so here's an update.

SDC14541%20640x480_zpsdxfr131w.jpg

And just if you are interested here is another project which to be honest has hovered over the bin a couple of times Monogram,s Mig 29 in 1/48

which has "eaten" filler and drove me mad but I now have her ready for the dark upper camoflage to be applied.

SDC14543%20640x480_zps2aidlbsb.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about you losing part of one of your 109's but pleased to see how well your Stuka is going.

Your Mig-29 looks quite nice too, which scheme will you be finishing it in?

Craig.

Thank,s Craig can,t find any trace of the starboard flap,it was,nt on the sprue when I came to build the wing,It might turn up but for now I've popped

one of the 109,s back in a box.The Mig is a Polish air force machine I've got one more coat of the dark gray camoflage to do.

• Like 1

Loking good, Steve ! The Fulcrum is a fine "replacement" for the 109. Did Airfix has a service like Revell for lost parts ?

Thank's Bernd,the two 109's are Eduard boxing,s not sure about their replacement policies,might turn up in another box!

• Like 1

Thank's Bernd,the two 109's are Eduard boxing,s not sure about their replacement policies,might turn up in another box!

OOPs, sorry missed that s an Eduard 109. Eduard has a replacement service and it works quite good but its not for free