1:35 Trumpeter Hind

The fuselage isn't 'bent' - it's perfectly straight - that's the problem! ;)

Fuselage/rotor vertical centreline is something like 2.75 deg (I have exact figure somewhere...) off that of the nose - not a lot - but because the twist takes the canopy out of line with the engine intakes it's noticeable (also - the wing tip pylon sits lower to the ground on the starboard side than the port.).

Been discussed widely in the past - you'll see what I mean later in the build...

Iain

• Like 1

Gotta love a comedian! ;)

In further news - she's twisted!

Just 'tack welded' with a little cyanoacrylate for now whilst I build the engines and intakes so I can compare with images like the one above before fully bonding in new position and blending in.

But it has worked it would appear :)

Iain

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm stalled at the mo - in a Slough of Despond - the side windows (4 each side) have moulding cracks/flaws in them which show up in certain lights...

Am now in a 'do I bother' replacing carefully with clear sheet after cutting out, go with 'as is', or bin.

We'll see...

Iain

Don't know what it is about models - but sometimes stupid things happen that spoil the flow - and enthusiasm soon wanes :(

This is where we're at - note lines in second window from left - cracks/flow lines are all the way through and radiate from one of the plastic sprue gates:

IMG_5158_1.jpg

And front end at present:

IMG_5160.jpg

Iain

• Like 1

This is easily within your master modelling capabilities to fix Iain. Annoying none the less though and I can understand why it has tempered your enthusiasm for the model.