1:35 Trumpeter Hind

This is the plan - I've been collecting images over on Pinterest.com (a brilliant way of collecting web images for specific projects 'coz you can save any images from multiple web searches in one place for later use). If anyone else is on Pinterest and wants to connect - just shout...

I fell in love with this scheme as soon as I saw it a few years back:

peruvianhind.jpg

Yes - I'll be doing the fuselage 'twist' - and looking at rivets (maybe)...

Iain

• Like 5

Yes - I'll be doing the fuselage 'twist' -..

Iain

If anyone can do that you can. I will be really interested to see how you pull that off. I would recommend you get the PART photo etch sets. They are much more comprehensive that Eduards offerings

Progress made - interior parts assembled and initial cuts for twist made - have thought through a couple of routes but think I've got a route that will produce desired effect without too much remedial work needed.

Lots of other components - tyres, drop tanks, wings etc. assembled and prepped.

Part etched sets would be nice - but already have Eduard and, with a little additional work, should create an OK effect. This model won't be a 'bells and whistles' production (too many other projects to crack on with) - the main focus will be on getting it neatly built and presented...

Pix at the weekend.

Iain

Wow, I'm certainly looking forward to this! But I'm surprised that Trumpeter missed the fuselage twist. No, wait, strike that from the record. I'm not surprised at all that they missed the twist. It will be fun watching you fix that one.

I have the new tool Zvezda Mi-35 in the stash, and they included the twist. I think I remember reading that they were the first ones who did. Flankerman would know for sure.

Cheers,

Bill

I have the new tool Zvezda Mi-35 in the stash, and they included the twist. I think I remember reading that they were the first ones who did. Flankerman would know for sure.

You're right Bill, Ken did write that in the "Real Modelling Mistakes" thread, so it's not solely a Trumpeter error!

Will be difficult to resolve Iain, but I'm sure you've got a plan ;)

OK - some progress:

IMG_5126.jpg

Image above - note razor saw cut on floor lower middle of image (repeated other side) - to allow interior to do the twist later :)

IMG_5127.jpg

IMG_5128.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

Initial marks for exterior cuts:

IMG_5130.jpg

IMG_5131.jpg

Back in a mo...

Iain

• Like 1

And some paint type stuff - the interior turquoise is my third attempt at matching the Eduard colour - think I finally got it!!

IMG_5132.jpg

Mix of kit and Eduard...

IMG_5133.jpg

Kit seats - straps to come:

IMG_5134.jpg

Getting busier!

IMG_5135.jpg

Interior roof - not much will be seen - doors closed...

IMG_5136.jpg

Almost ready to close up...

IMG_5137.jpg

More soon - have fun! :)

Iain

• Like 4

Nice choice of subject and particularly so in you chosen scheme Iain. Will try to keep up with your progress on this one.

This model won't be a 'bells and whistles' production (too many other projects to crack on with) - the main focus will be on getting it neatly built and presented...

Really Iain- I'm surprised to hear that :whistle:

• Like 1