Moving Swiftly on....

gengriz

I've finished!

wpa9afaeb8_05_06.jpg

I have encountered many of the problems reported by others, in terms of poor cockpit side panel fit, vague nosewheel bay fit, difficulty attaching the instrument panel and brittle plastic making it difficult to get small parts off the sprue intact. The two fuselage halves joined together reasonably well, although I used a little filler on the top, possibly due to damage incurred when removing from the sprue

To crown it all the Humbrol grey paint then "curdled" as I brushed it on, requiring a second coat of both which is not as smooth as I wanted. I attempted to blend the colour demarcations together into a soft edge; easy for you airbrush users, but a little more difficult for us hairy stickers! I think it worked reasonably well although it looks much better in the flesh than in the photos.

As usual, I exchanged the plastic pitot for a dressmakers pin in the interests of handling longevity smile.gif

That said, these little frustrations aside, I have enjoyed the build and I don't think there is anything there to be wildly alarmed by, although this kit definitely requires care and patience.

FredT :)

wp7f452f28_05_06.jpg

wpf245119c_05_06.jpg

• Like 23

That looks fine from here. I have two on the go (massochism runs deep; you do not want to know what my day job is) and I've also encountered some of the fit problems. My biggest worry is installing the armoured (?) inner windscreen panel in without irretrievably smearing it, even with pva.

That looks fine from here. I have two on the go (massochism runs deep; you do not want to know what my day job is) and I've also encountered some of the fit problems. My biggest worry is installing the armoured (?) inner windscreen panel in without irretrievably smearing it, even with pva.

Mine does have a little smear, not obvious in the photos. I think I would just leave it out if I were doing again, as you can't see anything once buttoned up.

Try using clear paint or Future (Kleer) to hold it in place?

Lovely job despite all the negative vibes from many people you have demonstrated your ability to overcome problems with modelling skills !

I really wonder at times wether the members who do post such negative comments about new kits actually ever make many ?

Anyway looks great, well done

• Like 1