Revell 1/72 Spad XIII RFI for just a moment

Well here are a few shots I managed to get of my latest effort. The sun was out, so I was expecting to get a few more shots, but unfortunately I didn't take all environmental conditions into account & the 'photoshoot' was halted quite abruptly.....

IMG_3439_zpsrchdb2oz.jpg

IMG_3436_zpslsax584q.jpg

IMG_3395_zps13esxw6c.jpg

All was going well.

The pictures were taken using a bit of floor underlay as the base & a bit of wood as the background.

I turned away to change my lens......

There was a gust of wind & the piece of wood toppled over :hanging:

IMG_3445_zpsg0eljfat.jpg

And that was the end of that one.

WIP is available here

...... wanders off muttering unrepeatable words

• Like 7

To be honest I haven't even thought about repairing it at the moment - it looks like write off to me, particularly as there was fair amount of rigging in there. I'll put it on the shelf & might look at it next week.

I feel your pain.

I think its a write-off tho. The struts are broken and will be very hard to remake, or make new.

It was such a nice job too, I looked in on your build thread.

It would still be useful in diorama though; on its back in a field and with some French or German soldiers gathered round it.

• Like 2

Ouch! It did look good. I would give it a while, at least tack it together in small doses and see where to go from there. I had an Airfix Albatros go south on me at RFI photo time if it's any consolation. It did go back together and the mends weren't any worse than my original build slip-ups.

Regards,

Adrian

Oh dear, I know just how you feel, as a gust of wind blew over the piece of hardboard I was using as a photo backdrop onto my Wingnut Wings Sopwith Triplane last year! WW1 aeroplane models are quite fragile aren't they?!

It did look nice pre-accident though!

Keith

Oh dear, I know just how you feel, as a gust of wind blew over the piece of hardboard I was using as a photo backdrop onto my Wingnut Wings Sopwith Triplane last year! WW1 aeroplane models are quite fragile aren't they?!

It did look nice pre-accident though!

Keith

Good grief - if it had been a wnw kit I would have been devastated - in this case, I just felt like an idiot.

Edited by andymoore

It's only a model! Luckily the damage wasn't as severe as yours, smashed undercarriage and one broken strut which dislodged the top wing & broke some rigging. I'll get round to repairing it one day! I did feel like an idiot too though!

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

having looked at the photos, it does look like I can salvage it, but not just yet - I'm currently punishing my clumsiness by attempting a 1:144 Revell Tornado. I also have plans to create an RFI display diorama so that this never happens again - I guess the first model to display in the diorama should be the Spad, once she's risen from the ashes.