1/700 HMS Tiger Revell Gun version

Its been April since I put anything on Britmodeller,I have been building, just very slowly.However with Peter Halls new P.E. for HMS Tiger Revell (yes it is the old Matchbox kit)I have been busy with Tiger,with 3D parts by Bogey at Shapeways and new gun parts it was time to start this kit.

Parts Revell 1/700 HMS Tiger

P.E. Atlantic Models HMS Tiger for both Gun and Helicopter version.

3D parts by Bogey at Shapeways

Gun Barrels by Master

Display case by Trumpeter

Name plate by laserlayers

Junks by Rainbow

20150806_165737_zpszaz93jpq.jpg

20150727_220005_zpsgfbeaghc.jpg

20150727_215959_zpsvfvmseme.jpg

• Like 3

The Stern section is a 3D print, there are two options, I went for the cheap one and its very rough,should have bought the better option,also should have left it to harden even more, because trying to sand it,very soft when new ,sands now,would not take the portholes either, so being impatience,i skinned all the panels,drill all the holes again,now portholes and door would stay on,I knew I would get away with quarter deck,because of wooden deck(I traced the outline of the deck by holding up to a light,the 3D is partly see through,this was for the wooden deck) and just dry bushed the green decks.Drilled all the portholes and glue on P.E. portholes. That's a couple of hrs my life I have lost for ever. :banghead: I have been doing Tiger for a month,just getting to the interesting parts.

20150811_204649_zpslftyizzx.jpg

20150901_201749_zpsnkw78htl.jpg

20150902_161259_zpseplsgmer.jpg

IMG-20150902-WA0002_zps5vjyfwmo.jpg

The Funnels were heighten when convert to helicopter version, so have been cut down, since pictures taken.

• Like 8

Chris,

I'm watching this with interest. I have the Airfix 1:600 kit and White Ensign PE in my stash. You have already revealed something I was unsure of. I didn't realise that the Quarterdeck had wooden planking although in hindsight I shouldn't have been surprised.

Looking forward to seeing Tiger come together.

Paul

• Like 1

To do the matchbox kit properly either late or early you need to fix it, the superstructure and 6" gun needs to be move about 8-9mm aft really it needs a new deck as the forcastle is too cramped. The kit out of the box don't look too bad but the problems show when you try to do it as all gun. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. BTW I agree on the white plastic conversion kit the clear is better

Small update,all the ladders,on the second photo,these all fit perfectly,on my other Tiger, had to use the spares and a bit of guessing.

20140413_141027_zpsoej9efjl.jpg

HMS Tiger is "what if" ,had gone to the Falklands 1982

20150920_140840_zpsghzoanbi.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not until I had finished the boats did I notice they were the layout for the Helicopter version,lucky the whalers came off easy and were relocate correctly.couple more photos,

20151002_125745_zpsmeavtckg.jpg

20151002_125737_zpsktsatg7q.jpg

• Like 4