Helicopter Group Build III chat

llking

My Build for the GB, will be getting all the aftermarket etched interior and try my best to super detail it. It's been in my stash a good few years waiting for the best time to build it, which will be this GB.

DSC_2866_zpsjklslfxj.jpg

Also if I have time, and eduard have released the aftermarket etched in time for it, I'm do this one too

DSC_2868_zpstp4lpc9g.jpg

I haven't built a helicopter since I restarted modelling 5 years ago. Although I build a few in my early 20s /late teens

• Like 1

Typical, this will be running at the same time as the P47 STGB and the Made in Britain GB - The only GB's I was getting into next year :(

I only tend to have one model on the bench at any one time so I'll have to change the way I do things!!

• Like 1

Definitely up for this!

I will be building one of these beauties....

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag277/craiggodwin3/Iran%20CH-53_zps831lxchc.jpg

I will be using the old Airfix kit (1/72 scale) and the new decals from Print Scale.

Looking forward to it already!

Craig.

Edited by Mish
Airliners.net copyright rule infringment
  • Like 3

I'd like too join but I do believe I am signed up with another that is on at around the same time and I don't really want to over subscribe to any more as tempting as the GB s are!

I'd like too join but I do believe I am signed up with another that is on at around the same time and I don't really want to over subscribe to any more as tempting as the GB s are!

you know you want to

I don't see my name down on the list but I'll be in with either....

1:72 Zvesda Hind

1:48 Navy Lynx

1:144 Puma

1:144 Apache

And what ever else I decide to buy between now and then

Cheers now

Bob

• Like 1

A question for the masses please. How easy would it be to build an MV-22 Osprey in 48th. My nephew is quite taken by the Mildenhall airframes and it'll be a good home when the build finishes.

I would like it to be accurate or straight forward modifications to satisfy my OCD, he will be happy with the right markings, or at least rightish.

Any help appreciated.

A question for the masses please. How easy would it be to build an MV-22 Osprey in 48th. My nephew is quite taken by the Mildenhall airframes and it'll be a good home when the build finishes.

I would like it to be accurate or straight forward modifications to satisfy my OCD, he will be happy with the right markings, or at least rightish.

Any help appreciated.

If you are going to use the Italeri kit you will need to do a major over haul the kit is the pre-production version

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit, I'm not able to do this one. :hanging::badmood::poo::suicide: . Well, this is what happens when a whiffer forget abouts GB's and concetrates on other projects (ie: EE sea Lightning) and then you look at your to do list which says 'get decent 1:48 helipopper' and you realise you haven't. Ayyy well, what a shame. I'm an angry raptor. Literally. And it's all down to me being forgetful. :wall:

Still, enjoy the GB. Will be watching this one closely

-A not so happy raptor

Edited by raptormodeller

Dammit, I'm not able to do this one. :hanging::badmood::poo::suicide: . Well, this is what happens when a whiffer forget abouts GB's and concetrates on other projects (ie: EE sea Lightning) and then you look at your to do list which says 'get decent 1:48 helipopper' and you realise you haven't. Ayyy well, what a shame. I'm an angry raptor. Literally. And it's all down to me being forgetful. :wall:

Still, enjoy the GB. Will be watching this one closely

-A not so happy raptor

you still have time to get one, it doesn't start until February

you still have time to get one, it doesn't start until February

Well, for me it's too late. Due to a packed agenda I plan my builds an purchases months ahead, so for me it's already too late right now. Yup, I'm forgetful *sniff*