Helicopter Group Build III chat

llking

I've already voted, if its successful, I'm not sure what to go with, I've got an interest in Royal Navy and Aeronavale a/c, so I've got a few candidates all in 1/48:

Airfix Lynx + the Rotorcraft Gulf Killer set, destined to be the HMS Cardiff Flt. a/c

Revell Wessex HAS.3

Italeri Wessex HAS.1

Italeri Wessex HU.5

Hasegawa Sea King AEW.2

Hasegawa Sea King + Flightpath HAS.5 set

Airfix Merlin HC.3 (hope to see some RN decals soon, hopefully before the start of the GB).

Airfix Lynx destined for Aeronavale Mk.2 (FN)

Kitty Hawk SA.365F/AS.565 SA Dauphin II

I probably won't pick one of the conversion projects as I'm not the worlds fastest builder anyway, so it will be an out of the box build (famous last words eh).

Lets hope it reaches the final shortlist.

I've already voted, if its successful, I'm not sure what to go with, I've got an interest in Royal Navy and Aeronavale a/c, so I've got a few candidates all in 1/48:

Airfix Lynx + the Rotorcraft Gulf Killer set, destined to be the HMS Cardiff Flt. a/c

Revell Wessex HAS.3

Italeri Wessex HAS.1

Italeri Wessex HU.5

Hasegawa Sea King AEW.2

Hasegawa Sea King + Flightpath HAS.5 set

Airfix Merlin HC.3 (hope to see some RN decals soon, hopefully before the start of the GB).

Airfix Lynx destined for Aeronavale Mk.2 (FN)

Kitty Hawk SA.365F/AS.565 SA Dauphin II

I probably won't pick one of the conversion projects as I'm not the worlds fastest builder anyway, so it will be an out of the box build (famous last words eh).

Lets hope it reaches the final shortlist.

go with a Lynx

I've already voted. I have the Zvezda 1/72 Hind and have just ordered Academy's 1/72 Block 2 Apache.

As usual, I'll throw Eduard's PE sets at them and, most probably, won't finish any within the GB deadline...

Cheers

Jaime

Never seen the graphy-air version of the Djinn worm. Couldn't find any pics either.

As well as the Djinn, I'm keen to give the Whirlybirds series 3 whirlwind in Bristows SAR scheme a go.

My Italeri 1/48 Chinook HC-1 is already in the stash with the intention of building it in 2016, if the GB goes head it will be build here, if it loses out I'll still build it

The choice is made: Zvezda's 1/72 Mi-24 "Hind" in Afghanistan War camouflage. I'll throw Eduard's PE set at it, of course...

I'm waiting on an Academy 1/72 AH-64D BLOCK 2 Early Version. If time allows, this may also find its way to the GB. But I'll be participating in many GBs next year, so this isn't certain.

Cheers

Jaime