1/72 Airfix Gloster Meteor 3

Commontsar

So I've been absent off here again for a long time (sorry, last few years have been really busy and weird). I've been off work the last week due to health problems but the last 2 days felt I could at least try and start some modelling again. So I decided to do one I got for a couple of quid on Facebook so if it was really bad it didn't matter too much.

21334170151_3a2eac9a53_z.jpg

21138089158_6cfe644953_z.jpg

21334170671_d517eb67f1_z.jpg

20704879603_9863575430_z.jpg

21299738976_1e7c1fb838_z.jpg

I know it's not the best paint job, but I'm not too upset with it. I'll tidy it up a bit, get the bottom started, varnish it and I'm hoping once decals are on it won't loo too bad.

Thanks for looking. Hopefully I'll be on here to post at least once a week from now on!

• Like 4

Yeah it's got SO few parts as well! I got it and thought there were parts missing haha! It is a super simple kit, though I want to get a Revell one to do a Danish one soon - but got a few things to do before I can justify buying any more haha. I'm hoping to get this finished tomorrow after work.

As promised, I am posting once a week at least. No pictures this time though, sorry.

I've been ill this week - virus apparently - so no real progress. I did tape it up and start the first coat of the bottom today. Just got to do another 2 thin coats and it should be ready for varnish and decals. Then weathering. Eep.

Hopefully get that done at the weekend. My next project I'm really looking forward too and it arrived in the post yesterday.

One of my favourite Airfix Classics. I built one a few years ago when my model building was being rejeuvenated. I wasn't that happy with the result (all down to me) so It sits forlornly at the back of one of my shelves,. I plan to build another, hopefully to a better standard.

So some progress! Finished paint work. Will gloss soon and then just decals. Due to my model destroying machine of a cat it is now being done gear up rather than down. I know it's not the best paint job...it definitely didn't go to plan.

21596117222_c1b446ae1d_z.jpg

Edited by Commontsar
  • Like 2