Hawker Hurricane in 1:32 - PCM

EricTheRed

Hi all,

I haven't posted in ages but I just got news from PCM that they have no plan to reissue their later version Hurricane kit;

PCM 32012 - Hawker Hurricane MK.I Battle of Britain version w/metal wings

I occasionally see these on US eBay for 100+ $ - seems to be more of the earlier "rag wing" version popping up once in awhile. Sigh...

Anyone know of any other manufacturers out there with a 1:32 Hurricane in their pipeline?

Given it's importance and critical role played in the Battle of Britain, and many other campaigns, I feel this aircraft has not been well represented by the industry. The Airfix and Tamiya 1:48 efforts may be the best ones out there today?

Opinions, comments welcome!

Cheers

Eric

PS - like many others, I'm still waiting to see if the 1:32 HK Models Lancaster ever does see the light of day...

There isn't a Tamiya 1/48 Hurricane. The one they reboxed for the Japanese domestic market was the Italeri one.

The new Airfix 1/48 Hurricane is the best Hurricane kit in any scale. For a Hurricane II in 1/48 it still needs to be the Hasegawa one, also reboxed by Revell.

In 1/24 the Trumpeter kits are good. Possibly Tamiya will add the Hurricane to their 1/32 range in the future but I'm not aware of any signs that it's in the pipeline.

It's a pity that Hasegawa appears to have more or less given up.

Hi all,

I haven't posted in ages but I just got news from PCM that they have no plan to reissue their later version Hurricane kit;

PCM 32012 - Hawker Hurricane MK.I Battle of Britain version w/metal wings

I occasionally see these on US eBay for 100+ $ - seems to be more of the earlier "rag wing" version popping up once in awhile. Sigh...

Anyone know of any other manufacturers out there with a 1:32 Hurricane in their pipeline?

Given it's importance and critical role played in the Battle of Britain, and many other campaigns, I feel this aircraft has not been well represented by the industry. The Airfix and Tamiya 1:48 efforts may be the best ones out there today?

Fly Models are planning a Hurricane II

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234974701-132-hawker-hurricane-mkiic-iic-trop-by-fly-box-art/

And, i agree, the Hurricane has not been well served, at least not accurately.

The new 1/48th Airfix Hurricane is mostly excellent, but still has some problems.

see Basilisks excellent build here

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234986216-148-airfix-new-tool-hurricane-mki-p3039-from-no229-squadron-fuselage-together/

Still in general the 1/48th Hurricanes are good shape wise, in 1/72nd there a lot with serious shape issues!

Hi Im faced with the same quandry. My father in law has asked me to build a 1/32 rag wing Hurricane for his RAFA Club. So I have taken on the ultimate challenge with my infinite lack of skill. To convert the Revell 1970's kit to an early MK1.

Im posting my build thread tonight. Lord save me from what my big mouth has got me into.

Chuckb