Should we be expecting a new Airfix release announcement today?

Rabbit Leader

Just seen the Airfix calendar and there appears to be a Heinkel being shot down by a Skua. Is this a clue to a new dogfight double?

The presence of the Skua has been debated previously. They used a 111 in a museum in Norway to LIDAR and I think, most of a Skua is being restored there too.

So you never know......... :Tasty:

Trevor

Do Xtradecal know something we don't? They have just given notice of three new A-7 Corsair sheets in 1/72.

The Hasegawa kit is old and not very accurate. The Fujimi kits are very nice but not easily available in the UK. The Hobby Boss kits... well let's just say that an Eggplane version would be more accurate than the HB ones.

So... is Airfix likely to release a new tool A-7?

Do Xtradecal know something we don't? They have just given notice of three new A-7 Corsair sheets in 1/72.

The Hasegawa kit is old and not very accurate. The Fujimi kits are very nice but not easily available in the UK. The Hobby Boss kits... well let's just say that an Eggplane version would be more accurate than the HB ones.

Possibly not, they released a Spitfire XIV set a while ago...

I suspect another Bomber Command type to follow on from the Lancs and Whitley. Maybe a new halifax though not sure they will....yet, Hampden or a Wellington has to be on the cards surely.

Maybe an reissue? the old one wasn't that bad...

http://modelingmadness.com/scott/viet/a7eva195.htm

/ André B.

Its a new Vulcan!!

its on the Workshop site

:fraidnot: oh sorry I have premature speculation again

Premature speculation can be a most embarrassing problem. Have you seen your doctor!! :lol:

Allan

• Like 3

No, absolutely impossible, it has raised panel lines which are totally unacceptable nowadays. Or so I'm told... Mind you, they've re-released worse.

Like the hoary old Yak-9, which they seem to keep re-banging ad nauseum. Oh wait - their Yak-9 doesn't have any panel lines...

John

With the 1/72 Harrier GR.1, GR.3 & GR.9 is it possible for airfix to produce sprues for twin seat options for these kits? The tail fins you would actually have to chop and change, so they could have instructions where to cut.

And maybe another sprue to create twin seat Lightnings.

While I'm here with my two pence worth, I reckon a new 1/72 Buccaneer is on the cards....I wish!

I know they have been going through a lot of British produced aircraft, I do think a few 1/72 USAF jets should be the theme over the next few years.

A good start would be a new tool 1/72 Thunderstreak & Thunderflash, but I guess a Czech company would be more likely to produce those.

Martin

• Like 3

A good start would be a new tool 1/72 Thunderstreak & Thunderflash

Ooh yes please! :bounce:

Airfix have stated that they have a policy of replacing their classic moulds. Well, they have had a Thunderstreak in their range since the early 70s. There is an added bonus for Airfix in that I can't recall anyone else currently producing one in 1/72.

• Like 3

Ooh yes please! :bounce:

Airfix have stated that they have a policy of replacing their classic moulds. Well, they have had a Thunderstreak in their range since the early 70s. There is an added bonus for Airfix in that I can't recall anyone else currently producing one in 1/72.

Exactly! I'm hoping that many people will be including "1/72 Thunderstreak" in the Airfix suggestions over this weekend.

Let "Thunderstreak" become the new Beaufighter! ;)

We have Valom having produced the new 1/72 Voodoo so I can build a Bentwaters example, but still need a manufacturer to do a Thunderstreak.

As there were four bases in East Anglia who had them I think, there are quite a few colorful schemes that could be done. In fact, would be a very popular subject for a large decal sheet.

55th FBS at Wethersfield

77th FBS at Wethersfield

79th Tiger Sqn at Woodbridge

81st FBW at Sheperds Grove Suffolk

91st FBS at Bentwaters

92nd FBS at Bentwaters

Definitely need a replacement mould, but how long will we have to wait.

Martin

• Like 2

Exactly! I'm hoping that many people will be including "1/72 Thunderstreak" in the Airfix suggestions over this weekend.

Let "Thunderstreak" become the new Beaufighter! ;)

We have Valom having produced the new 1/72 Voodoo so I can build a Bentwaters example, but still need a manufacturer to do a Thunderstreak.

As there were four bases in East Anglia who had them I think, there are quite a few colorful schemes that could be done. In fact, would be a very popular subject for a large decal sheet.

55th FBS at Wethersfield

77th FBS at Wethersfield

79th Tiger Sqn at Woodbridge

81st FBW at Sheperds Grove Suffolk

91st FBS at Bentwaters

92nd FBS at Bentwaters

Definitely need a replacement mould, but how long will we have to wait.

Martin

Then there's Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Taiwan and Turkey on the F-84F, ditto plus Denmark and Norway for the RF-84F so loads and loads of markings options!

Thunderstreak and Thunderflash look to become a demand from all major manufacturers! Same happens in Revell thread :)

Well - I can only say: Oh, Airfix, please bring us a new tool Thunderstreak!!!

Please Airfix, do the decent thing!

Wez

My line of thinking is a Phantom but it could be a Corsair II or even a Buccaneer

A new Hampden would be nice seeing as everytime I splash out on loads of aftermarket goodies for their old kits - hello Heinkel III - along come Airfix with a new mould. ;)