Should we be expecting a new Airfix release announcement today?

Rabbit Leader

Don't be too quick to blame the importer on the cost of Tamiya models. They often have to negotiate hard to get the prices they want. The current rrp for the 1/48 Lancs is £85, however, so if someone is selling it for £100 they're having a laugh.

Anyway, Handley Page product... obviously a Marathon, and it will be available as a Royal Air Force trainer variant and a BEA version.

Complain to your Tamiya importer; the selling price of the 1/48 Tamiya Lanc in Japan is ¥6,840 which is about £37. If the price in the UK is £100 then the importer has more than doubled the Japan MSRP before adding VAT on top.

A 48th scale Lancaster from Airfix :popcorn: If only . . . .

You are right about the Tamiya cost but I have never seen one as expensive as £100, usual around £70 - £80

Apart from anything major being released from the Bomber Command range, I'm saving my pennies for the HK Lancaster, so still then :pilot:

Don't be too quick to blame the importer on the cost of Tamiya models. They often have to negotiate hard to get the prices they want. The current rrp for the 1/48 Lancs is £85, however, so if someone is selling it for £100 they're having a laugh.

Anyway, Handley Page product... obviously a Marathon, and it will be available as a Royal Air Force trainer variant and a BEA version.

OK, a quick look at Hannants has it listed at £84.99 (the motorised one is £119.99 tho)

Even at £37 new in Japan it's a joke, it really should be in the same price league as the old Monogram US bombers.

Ok, what bugs me is that given it's a common kit it still goes for way to much used. That said it was always blinkin' expensive, damn thing was £13.99 in 1980 when I got one :(

Pity the aftermarket folks don't actually correct the errors...blah blah, I'm having a moan, but given that old POS still sells for a considerable sum, a new tool from Airfix would.

Heck, they did a 1/24th Typhoon, and plenty of mumbles about a 1/48th Vulcan, so a new tool 1/48th Lanc is not that silly an idea...

Well if it's going to be a Handley-Page product, how about a Hastings in 1/72nd scale? I'd love to see that. And hopefully at a price that wouldn't have me robbing old people in the park for the quid.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 3

Well I know one, but I'm sworn to everlasting Hellfire and damnation if I let on.......but I know you'll like it !

Personally I think we should pop the generals todger between two floury baps and shout dinner time Fiedo!

We might get the answer from him then!

• Like 4

Well I know one, but I'm sworn to everlasting Hellfire and damnation if I let on.......but I know you'll like it !

Not if it's another damned Spitfire I won't :lol:

One thing we CAN guarantee is that next weekend, for every one of us who welcomes the "big announcement" there will probably be someone grumbling and commenting "why oh why did they do this when modellers are screaming for that................................................................................." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or words to that effect!). Make this thread entertaining though.

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 5

One thing we CAN guarantee is that next weekend, for every one of us who welcomes the "big announcement" there will probably be someone grumbling and commenting "why oh why did they do this when modellers are screaming for that................................................................................." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or words to that effect!). Make this thread entertaining though.

Allan

Very true, but I for one love these 'will they/won't they produce xxxxxxx'. Only wish I could be at Telford for the Big Announcement. One thing is for sure, I shall be a fixture at my pc on Saturday.

• Like 1

I only wish to see metal wing Hurricane Mk.I in 72nd, together with new, but completely new, Spitfire Mk.Va/b/c (in 72nd of course) both temperate and tropical versions with all 4 propellers used (DeHavilland, DeHavilland Hydromatic, early Rotol (as in Mk.II) and late Rotol (typical for Mk.Vs). It's very suprising that they haven't announced metal wing Hurricane Mk.I (and II and IV).

• Like 3

...or Hurricane, Meteor, Vulcan, Shackleton etc...they do nothing for me.

Sacrilage... :)

By gad Sir!! People have been burned on the pyres at Smithfield for lesser blasphemies!! :lol::lol: . I am awaiting the cries of "why , oh why have they done this " etc with as much eagerness as the "big announcement " itself! I will probably end up buying the whatever it is anyway!

Very true, but I for one love these 'will they/won't they produce xxxxxxx'. Only wish I could be at Telford for the Big Announcement. One thing is for sure, I shall be a fixture at my pc on Saturday.

:lol: You and me both! I love them almost as much as the "why did they/why didn't they....................." discussions which inevitably follow.

Allan

Does Airfix have a James Bond license? Reissue the Bo105 and Islander in Spectre markings?

Paul Harrison

• Like 1

The admin on the Airfix forums has hinted that there will be some new club exclusives available in early 2016.

Ooh that would be great, I've recently joined the Club and have my voucher to spend, tis burning a hole in my wallet I tell you.

• Like 2

Just seen the Airfix calendar and there appears to be a Heinkel being shot down by a Skua. Is this a clue to a new dogfight double?

I mentioned this when the Heinkel artwork was first released: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983179-could-this-be-a-clue-to-an-upcoming-airfix-project/