Should we be expecting a new Airfix release announcement today?

Rabbit Leader

....... Just had a strange thought!!

The last few Airfix announcements have been on a Friday and roughly two weeks apart.

So it's been two weeks since we heard about the B-17 and Bomber Respply set and two weeks before that when he heard about the new 1/48 Meteor F.8

...so... Should we be expecting a new Airfix release announcement today??

Cheers.. Dave.

Nope i think you'll find they are supposed to be monthly, but we tend to get pre-warnings in the twitter abd facebook pages, I would expect to see one by the end of the month however.

Soooo, 1/24 Car-Door Hawker Typhoon and a 1/72 He 111H to compliment the He 111P.

The appearance of the latter gives Airfix an excuse to do a Luftwaffe bomber re-supply set to go with it, methinks! :whistle:

Mike. :)

• Like 1

Soooo, 1/24 Car-Door Hawker Typhoon and a 1/72 He 111H to compliment the He 111P.

The appearance of the latter gives Airfix an excuse to do a Luftwaffe bomber re-supply set to go with it, methinks! :whistle:

Mike. :)

...and some 1/24 WWII RAF airfield vehicles.

• Like 2

Not a lot to get excited about with these releases as far as I am concerned. Hopefully something more exciting - such as a 1/72 multi variant Hunter - will be announced?

John

• Like 4

I'm looking forward to the He-111H; another one to add to my collection of Eastern Front aircraft. Hopefully they'll release the '-20' version with the mid-upper turret eventually.

Regards,

Jason

IMO this low key announcement probably suits these two releases.

Imagine the furore that would have been created if there was all this pre hype for a couple of re-jigs of existing moulds?

I think Airfix got this announcement right. Roll on two weeks and let's see what comes out.

Cheers.. Dave

No doubt, since I just built the Special Hobby kit! Which was very nice, by the way. :)

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234974028-172-special-hobby-dap-beaufort-mkviii-snifter/

Cheers,

Bill

Yeah l know but harder to find at a decent price then hen's teeth

• 2 weeks later...

Another two weeks down the track and it would appear that another new anoucement will be made public this Friday.

This has been hinted on Airffix's FB page so I suspect a bit more than just a modified new tool.

Going from previous occurances it'll be about 12.00 GMT or 2200 in my part of the world.

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1