1/48 Hispano Ha-1112 Buchon Spanish Airforce

Reini78

#30/2015

After, the I-16, Bf109E-1 and Bf109F-4, this is my dad´s last Spanish contribution for 2015.
Academy boxing of the Hobbycraft kit, mostly built oob. Replaced the crappy kit canopy with a Hasegawa one, for that some putty and re-scribing was neccessary in the fuselage area after the canopy.
Used a piece of sponge for the mesh in the nose air-intake and a plastic rod for the rod. Added some structure in the wheel wells, smoothed down the wrong tire tread. The black exhausts stripes are provided as decals in the kit, but they are slightly wrong so my dad painted them.
Model Master Azure and Tamiya Titanium Silver for the camo.
There would be more things to correct, as with all Hobbycraft/Academy kits. But to avoid a never ending story my dad put a fork in it happy.gif

DSC_0001_zpsdes0srph.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsbcj633jf.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsjqfuy3kv.jpg

DSC_0004_zpszntnrqdp.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsfvfhldz6.jpg

DSC_0006_zpsefnvlryb.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsqmbylwps.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsksytdkd1.jpg

DSC_0009_zpspvdxauum.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsjdzstuv8.jpg

DSC_0011_zpsyws0h3li.jpg

DSC_0012_zpstqidfrwm.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsuvnknueb.jpg

DSC_0014_zpsm2q5dlnh.jpg

DSC_0015_zpsfijpgyol.jpg

DSC_0016_zps1qwrl4ck.jpg

Edited by Reini78
  • Like 34

Really good. I loved that kit. I masked the black around the exhaust rather than use the decals, which were the only bit of the kit that were a let down

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

A very fine looking Buchon! I like in particular the silver paint scheme. You wrote that you used Tamiya Titanium Silver: is this X-32 from the acrylic-range or a rattle can? I think it would look very convincing for British High Speed Silver, too.

• Like 1

What a beauty 😍!

A very nice collection of Spanish 109’s too. I love Spanish aviation subjects.

Modelmaster Azure for the underside; many thanks for this information. I have been trying to find a decent match.

Also for the ‘Peugeot Blue’ for some Buchons. For the latter, Humbrol railway range ‘Garter Blue’ is a good match, but not very nice to use with an airbrush 🙁.

The black stripes look superb and very precise on this model. By this time, the Buchons look like racing aircraft, very menacing but stylish. You’ve done this kit great justice.

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 2

A lovely job on this by your Dad again Reini, as we've come to expect. Silver planes are growing on me but the camo'd F-4 really jumped out at me in those last couple of photos, guess who just ordered a set of 1/72 LF decals for one of them. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, exdraken said:

oh great!!!

just thinking about building one like yours... :) 

:thumbsup:

Thanks!

Do you have a kit? The Buchon kits frpm Hobbycraft and Academy are hard to find nowadays...

10 hours ago, Doc72 said:

A very fine looking Buchon! I like in particular the silver paint scheme. You wrote that you used Tamiya Titanium Silver: is this X-32 from the acrylic-range or a rattle can? I think it would look very convincing for British High Speed Silver, too.

Thanks! Used the bottled version. Makes a good surface and has finer pigments than Tamiya Aluminium. With the right flat coat it has a nice dull, almost greyish look.

9 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

What a beauty 😍!

A very nice collection of Spanish 109’s too. I love Spanish aviation subjects.

Modelmaster Azure for the underside; many thanks for this information. I have been trying to find a decent match.

Also for the ‘Peugeot Blue’ for some Buchons. For the latter, Humbrol railway range ‘Garter Blue’ is a good match, but not very nice to use with an airbrush 🙁.

The black stripes look superb and very precise on this model. By this time, the Buchons look like racing aircraft, very menacing but stylish. You’ve done this kit great justice.

Best regards

TonyT

Thanks! A blue Buchon would have looked good too. As far as I remember, decals for that scheme were included in the original Hobbycraft kit.

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A lovely job on this by your Dad again Reini, as we've come to expect. Silver planes are growing on me but the camo'd F-4 really jumped out at me in those last couple of photos, guess who just ordered a set of 1/72 LF decals for one of them. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve! My dad and I chose that scheme because it's a nice eyecatcher and rarely seen. Looking forward to yours someday 😉

If you haven't used LF Models decals before, they can be tricky and need some more careful handling.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reini78 said:

If you haven't used LF Models decals before, they can be tricky and need some more careful handling.

I used some Kora ones, same company? They went on OK but I was concerned with opacity under Finnish markings so painted white disks, this hasn't seemed an issue for others so maybe I was over cautious. What was your experience with this?

Steve.

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

I used some Kora ones, same company? They went on OK but I was concerned with opacity under Finnish markings so painted white disks, this hasn't seemed an issue for others so maybe I was over cautious. What was your experience with this?

Steve.

Yes, same company.

My dad used them only 2-3 times. As far as I remember opacity was a slight problem, yes. They are also thin and tend to wrap around when being applied. Not sure now but I think back then, one of the fuselage number decals wrapped and my dad couldn't unwrap it anymore and we had to buy a new decal sheet.

13 minutes ago, Mig88 said:

Lovely!! Beautifully finished! Nice line-up too!

Miguel

Thanks very much Miguel!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1