1/32 Revell Heinkel He-111 P-1

I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew here. It's the biggest model I've ever done (wingspan according to box is 71cm). The box is HUGE! Has a typical Revell art work on the top. Seems like a million parts. Will be oob apart from some additional swastikas on the tail and if I can get them fast enough some PE belts.

Will make a start on Saturday. When SWMBO and the kids are out :)

WP_20150910_21_19_03_Pro_zpsgq2oufi0.jpg

Half the fuselage next to a 1/72 spitfire. There's no nose glass in on this so there's even more length.

WP_20150910_21_21_17_Pro_zpsxptoa3az.jpg

• Like 2

Only thing I'm not sure about is which of the decals I can use as a BOB one. I was going to go with option 2. He 111P-1, III./ KG 27 “Geschwader Boelcke”; Delmenhorst, Germany 1940

It is a beautiful kit. I can't get over the size though. It might pave the way to me scrounging enough for a 32nd B-17 next hehehe

Well I've made a start. Removed the doors in the fuselage bulkheads so I get a nice continuous walkway down the plane. Sprayed everything in XF-22 RLM grey. I know that by the BOB they had started to move to RLM74 but on some aircraft it would have only been surfaces that would have likely had glare on them. So once the cockpit is assembled I'll try and replicate this.

So a shot of all the sprues with some parts painted. You can see the bulkheads on the right hand side just below the box. -Excuse the door in the background the dog scratches at it so there's no point in painting it.

WP_20150912_12_42_43_Pro_zpsuh77aksu.jpg

One question though. Is this part supposed to be twisted? It's the cockpit floor where the gunner sits. It's not major if it does as there is panels to go on top so these will flatten it out again.

WP_20150912_12_43_13_Pro_zpsocu9dgga.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

She's a monster. I have absolutely no idea where she's going. At least if I did go for the HK B-17 I can fit it to the wall. I have just spent an hour and a half masking up the canopy.

That must have used a lot of tape.

Greenhouse and wings are on. All fully masked up. She's rather large. Just have to work out where to put her once done.

temporary_zpsg3gswrmt.jpg

The bluey colour for the underneath is done too. Tomorrow I'll mask up the top half ready for camo.

temporary_zpskhxvlnjk.jpg

And here she is next to a 1/24 Tiffie and a 1/32 Spitfire for comparison.

temporary_zps9fdlzx1r.jpg

• Like 1