1/8 scale BTF DeLorean: Now available.

roymattblack

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

If you look at the total, yes it looks scary, but are you going to miss 8.99 a week, few less cups of coffee out.

But it does seem a bit silly 130 issues two and a half years, come on. Suppose it's the only way they can break down the cost into manageable bites

I'd normally be tempted but I'm already collecting the Shelby Mustang and there's another part-work on the horizon I'm tempted by.

Three partworks at £8-£9 a week is a bit steep, having only just bought a couple of complete un-built partworks too.

Very tempting though.

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

Well, it's now here.

Sadly, mega-bucks.

130 issues at £8.99.

I'll probably give it a miss at that rate.

http://build-the-delorean.com/

Roy.

I've just been checking out the website and you could go for the 'Premium Subscription' for 'Just' an extra £1 per issue.

The premium subscription gets you three exclusive figurines of Marty, Doc Brown and Einstein the dog.

£130 extra......

For three figures...

Are they having a laugh.

• 3 months later...

This is up and running again.

Received my first issue today.

Different set of parts to what they sent out previously. Looks like the mr fusion unit is gone. Just got the rear bumper assembly. 

Don't know if the other parts they sent out are even going to be compatible. 

I think they are going for the original car, as the parts they sent out previous contained the mr fusion unit, which suggested the car from bttf 2, but the new magazine shows the bttf original car.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Just subscribed to this, pretty expensive at £35 a month, but always wanted to have this as a model so have decided to bite the bullet and go for it.

Did a bit of web search on it and found this YouTube vid:

I think it will be worth the time and cost to build it.

Cheers

Richard

They deleted it as these kinds of questions seriously harm the uptake of a partwork.

Eaglemoss won't cancel before the end.

It is an ancient urban legend that partworks sometimes finish early, leaving people with half a kit.

To the best of my knowledge, it has never happened.

Your subscription is a contract to a full kit.

Partworks are usually 'tested' for 3-4-5 issues to see if a full run is viable.

The test will end and then it may be around 6 months before the series commences.

On some occasions the kit doesn't start again as there was insufficient interest in the test phase but the cost of the first mags can be reclaimed from the publisher.

In fact, DeAgostini and Eaglemoss don't even charge for the first issues of a test run anyway if you subscribe.

I have 4 issues for the E Type, and 5 issues of the DeLorean test run sitting here. They cost me nothing.

IF a full run is issued such as the DeLorean now, it will run to completion.

I've signed up already and had an email today saying the first 4 issues have been dispatched.

Looking forward to collecting all of it before I build it.

I had the DeAg McLaren, Eaglemoss DB5 and currently collecting the DeAg Shelby Mustang.

No worries.

Edited by roymattblack

Thanks for that clear answer. If you get the new ones, can you do a comparison between the new parts and the one you got last year (quality wise)?

Also, I wonder how it compares to the Hot Toys Delorean which is larger at 1/6 scale and costs about half the price of this one.

Edited by fouga23