1/72 - Fokker T.V by Valom - released

Homebee

Every wing-fuselage joint should be like this. Stick it in, if it doesn't fit perfectly, apply some perfect plastic putty, quick swipe with a moist paper towel, done.

I'm looking forward to building this. If only someone would make a mask for the transparencies... quickly please :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does this new boxing contain any new plastic compared to the earlier release?

Kudos to Valom by the way for supplying the missing cooling vanes via a free PE sheet, along with updated instructions. I ordered mine at the Aviation Megastore to pick it up next week and they've already put them in my kits. Excellent service from producer and retailer!

She served with the Dutch Royal Airforce from 1938 until the German invasion in May 1940. She did drop bombs, on the bridges over the Rhine and Waal to halt the German advance, but it was all for naught as the German onslaught was just overwhelming.

Being a chauvinistic Dutchman I can't help see similarities between these Fokker aircraft and some later aircraft. The P-38 Lightning has obvious similarities with the Fokker G-1 and the B-25 Mitchell looks more than a lot like the T-V... I wonder if there ever was a connection there.

• Like 1

Well, perhaps. But the real similarities - to the point that it's obvious that the designers stole the original concept from in almost it entire entirety - is that and Miles M.52. I'm sure the Bell Aircraft engineers were also involved in that theft. Somehow.

Being a chauvinistic Dutchman I can't help see similarities between these Fokker aircraft and some later aircraft. The P-38 Lightning has obvious similarities with the Fokker G-1 and the B-25 Mitchell looks more than a lot like the T-V... I wonder if there ever was a connection there.

• 9 months later...

I'm building the kit now, it does have its share of the usual short-run issues.

- Cockpit floor and bulkheads need some trimming to get the fuselage to close properly.

- Wing to fuselage fit is not very good, thin the inside of the wings as much as you can to get them to fit into the slots on the fuselage.

- Engine cowling diameter is too small by about 2mm, leaving a very noticeable step when fitted onto the nacelles. I sawed them open and inserted some plastic strip to make them wider. Even after doing that, the engines cylinders all need a few swipes with the sanding stick to fit inside the cowlings.

- Tail cone diameter is slightly too small. My fuselage is already together so I may decide to accept it or to sand down the fuselage a bit but this will destroy the fabric representation. The better approach is to reduce the lower fuselage mating surface a bit so the opening will be smaller, I might decide to cut open the kit to do this.

- Some of the clear parts don't fit very well (lower nose port windows, mid-fuselage starboard window) and need some carving of the fuselage to find their proper place.

- The instructions are wrong on the numbering of the smaller clear parts, fitting carefully avoids heartbreak later!

- Size of the clear part for the 2nd pilot is not even approximately right, I decided to slightly modifiy it and pose it in the open position to circumvent the problem.

- Landing light recesses in the wings need boxing in. The resin clear parts provided for them don't fit at all, I've decided not to use them and instead stick a carefully sized piece of clear tape in their place.

Edited by sroubos