1/72 - Fokker T.V by Valom - released

Homebee

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Release is now expected for February 2016

And another boxing is announced: Fokker TV Bomber "Luftwaffe" - ref.72109

Source: http://www.aviationmegastore.com/fokker-tv-bomber-luftwaffe-expected-february-2016-72109-valom-vaclav-lomitzk-859405429109-netherlands-military/product/?action=prodinfo&art=134329

Box art

72109-800x500.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Strange that they make a separate boxing for this, the German T-Vs were war booty. They are not similar to the Dutch planes, they ARE the Dutch planes with some swastikas painted on. These could easily have been combined into a single boxing. I doubt many will buy the German boxing but maybe my chauvinism blinds me there to the realities of the market place.

After having a hefty discussion with Vaclav Lominsky about this he insist on doing three boxing to increase his sales.

he is very persistent with this...

We are now contempalting an aftermarket decalsheet containing all three options so it would not matter what boxing you buy but it will then add to the cost...

There is no difference between the three boxings, only the decals. These are now being redone as the first attempt contained errors.

But all in all the Dutcgh Modellers are looking forward to the kkit

You will only want to use one transfer option per kit, so why should it matter if they come in different boxes? I can see why multiple boxes can be considered as widening the market for a given tooling. After all, there are a number of other manufacturers already using this approach for identical parts provision.

Well, the trick is actually simple, Valom put some of the risk of the investment inj his kits with the retailers. Instead of having to only stock one kit the retailer now has to stock several in the hope to please his customers , therefore buying more kits than he would have done if only one boxing was available. Voila.

You will only want to use one transfer option per kit, so why should it matter if they come in different boxes? I can see why multiple boxes can be considered as widening the market for a given tooling. After all, there are a number of other manufacturers already using this approach for identical parts provision.

Well, call me old-fashioned, but I prefer having choice over not having choice. The fact that other manufacturers do it as well does not change that. AZ do the same thing and it ticks me off there as well.

Of course you could argue that you still have choice, only that you decide what to build before you buy instead of after, but in some cases I want to build the plane but I don't know what variant to build. With AZs S-199 for instance I basically got a kit at random at SWM 2014 from their large variety of versions, and after getting it home and doing some reading on the type I regretted not getting another version.

Also having different boxings means more stock management and consequently higher cost. Standardization is always cheaper.

Well, the trick is actually simple, Valom put some of the risk of the investment inj his kits with the retailers. Instead of having to only stock one kit the retailer now has to stock several in the hope to please his customers , therefore buying more kits than he would have done if only one boxing was available. Voila.

I wonder how well that works in the long run. At the Aviation Megastore in the Netherlands there were huge unsold stacks of Fokker F-VIIs with non-KLM decal sets. These would all have sold in no time had Valom standardized their boxings and included KLM decals as an option in all of them. I would not be surprised if the retailers adjust their behavior as a result of this, leaving Valom with unsold stock.

Edited by sroubos

After having a hefty discussion with Vaclav Lominsky about this he insist on doing three boxing to increase his sales.

he is very persistent with this...

We are now contempalting an aftermarket decalsheet containing all three options so it would not matter what boxing you buy but it will then add to the cost...

There is no difference between the three boxings, only the decals. These are now being redone as the first attempt contained errors.

But all in all the Dutcgh Modellers are looking forward to the kkit

Third boxing will be a pre-war Dutch kit I suppose?

When you say 'we', what company do you mean?

Third box is indeed a pre war example with roundels. Originally also the prototype 850 was contemplated but as the tailsection differs for which Valom did not cater it was dropped. The black numbers will however still be on the sheet.

Not, there is no grey in the Duch Camouflage scheme. It should be beige.

There were two different patterns in the schemes but the colours were the same.

Brown, green and Beige

But Vaclav used the drawing in the Dutch profile for this preliminary! box art and this shows the beige as grey