British Airways A380

Rybeast

• 2 weeks later...

Had a lot of work with supply and tutoring so progress is slower than I'd have hoped.

Need to re-paint the flap actuators as they started to peel after I put on the masking tape; truth be told this really annoyed me so I just left them for a while.

Then I just need to add the wings onto the fuselage and Bob's your uncle!

One thing I do want to ask: when the wings are added are there meant to be any gaps at all? Or is that part of how the model has been built?

Some of the detail from the kit's original decals should be used to add detail to your model.

What I normally do is look at detailed pictures of the aircraft on sites like Jetphotos.net or Airliners.net to see what to use.

For example these 2 close-up pictures of a BA A380 http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8084221 and http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8105755 show the detail markings around the nose, wing root, engines, etc. Find pictures from other angles to see what detail markings are visible on the rear fuselage and tail and so on.

Find all these markings on the kit decal sheet and use them in detailing your model. I'd also use all the walkway markings from the kit decals on the wing upper surface.

I always think that this extra detail helps to enhance the model's overall finish - after all thats why Revell include such detail in their kit decals.

Hope this helps

Tim

That's what I thought might be the situation!

I don't mind either ways - just like to know what I'm working with and from where!

I've got everything on now, so get a few coats of lacquer on and I'll start looking st adding the wings tonight/tomorrow...

Anyone who has used the 26decal set - where does the Star Alliance logo to? I can't find it on the sheet anywhere! I'm also stuck with sticker 8 - a small blue circle by the doors on the left side of the fuselage - four stickers but I can only see three places! Final question I promise! On the front of the fuselage is a trio of frayed circles - have I missed them in either pack or are they of no worry?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/British-Airways/Airbus-A380-841/2672602/&sid=ec55006955180c6df7fee66af12e1a0d

Thank you! Again!

Anyone who has used the 26decal set - where does the Star Alliance logo to? I can't find it on the sheet anywhere! I'm also stuck with sticker 8 - a small blue circle by the doors on the left side of the fuselage - four stickers but I can only see three places! Final question I promise! On the front of the fuselage is a trio of frayed circles - have I missed them in either pack or are they of no worry?

BA is not a member of the Star Alliance so you can ignore those decals. The small blue circle by some of the passenger doors represents the OneWorld alliance which BA is a member - you'll find a number of these on the 2-6 decal sheet, just use them next to doors as per pictures from Airliners.net. The 3 red circles on the nose aren't on the kit decals. However, if you have a spare decal sheet from another airliner kit you'll probably find some there - if not, don't worry you can't include everything.

Looking forward to seeing the finished model

Cheers

Tim