Revell 1/144 B-52H Stratofortress Whif ***COMPLETE***

OK,

I want to thank everyone for voting.

The name options with votes are as follows:

1) Viking with 2 votes
2) Vanguard with 5 votes
3) Vidar (warrior) with 5 votes

I personally prefer Vidar so am going to go with that as the Vanguard is current class of royal navy submarine used in the nuclear deterrent mission.

This plane is now the B-52R Vidar (warrior) or at least it will be when I get it finished including paint and decals.

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801
  • Like 1

Holy Ecumenical matters Batman! The Vicar bomber? Brings down the wrath of God on the enemy? Can see that being useful ;-)

Ha ha :-) Lesson learnt, never post anything like this from your mobile phone, the auto correct changes whatever it wants to and I completely missed that one.

Cheers,

Rick

Hi Everyone,

As I am on holiday for the next 2 days I am going to be spending them building and painting this kit.

I have painted the engine fan blades and exhausts. I also gave one half of a missile pylon a coat of light grey paint to see what it looks like ask am thinking this might be a nice colour choice.

Photos later.

Canopy painted, wings fully painted, engines assembled and ready to attach to pylons, drop tanks assembled and painted.

Cruise missiles and pylons painted and ready to assemble.

Should be ready to fully assemble tonight. Then it's onto the decals.

Rick

Blooming heck Rick, you knocked this one out quick.

I'm stuck filling and sanding.

Can't wait to see the pics.

I have just noticed that one of the wings has a sizeable gaps, so even though I have completed painting and assembly I am going to fill that and repaint that section before doing decals.

Will post the update tomorrow at some point.

Hi Everyone,

Here is the final build update before I start work on the decals.

Landing Gear decals

IMG_8148_zps6o2d9pbm.jpg

IMG_8149_zps5gav9buy.jpg

Tip Tanks

IMG_8150_zpskc2xgliq.jpg

Engines

IMG_8151_zps2dhgxyzw.jpg

Pylons assembled

IMG_8152_zpspnknwnok.jpg

Fully painted fuselage (no wings)

IMG_8153_zps5efapwrt.jpg

Weapon pylons (with full cruise missile load)

IMG_8154_zps2ypcr0lr.jpg

Fully assembled wings

IMG_8155_zps15sw1tdx.jpg

IMG_8156_zps0z6zytym.jpg

Wings Installed

IMG_8158_zpsvvldlg2b.jpg

IMG_8159_zpsub56x7jx.jpg

Fully assembled plane (ready for decals)

IMG_8157_zpsqwzi2slf.jpg

Wing gap (pre filling)

IMG_8160_zpsat7socaj.jpg

Wing gap filled, ready for sanding

IMG_8161_zpsnwfcnfqa.jpg

Well that's all for now. Hopefully I'll get some more done later including the sanding, repainting and final the decals.

Rick

The overall light grey scheme suits the BUFF. Are you intending to weather the paintwork in any degree?

To be honest, weathering is something I have never attempted and my personal idea for this kit was to have it that basically the plane had just been given its paint and RAF roundels, hence the paint looking perfect.

The plane is going to carry its tail code underneath the wings. Even though I believe they are 1:72 scale decals, because of the size of the wings, they do actually look suitable under there. This is similar to Valiant bombers having numbers under their wings.

Look for the finished product shortly.

Cheers,

Rick

Hi Everyone,

Here is my finished build.

Gallery post with more photos : http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234985883-gallery/?p=2110793

IMG_8168_zpscge8oiur.jpg

Thanks for all of the comments. I look forward to hearing what you think.

All the best,

Rick

• Like 4

For someone who has lost his mojo that's a pretty fine result. I like the roundels at the front of the fuselage to give an extra twist.

Thanks very much.

I think I needed something like this to help me get my mojo back.

I had thought about ROYAL AIR FORCE in letters down the back of the fuselage, a bit like you see on the tankers/cargo planes, but don't have any in a suitable scale :-)

Glad you like it.

Rick

Very nice recovery.

How about another one in a special scheme - perhaps nice retro rudder stripes and a '100yrs of the RAF' type nose art.

Anyone brave enough to replicate a WW2 bomber camo scheme and full markings, something I doubt the hierarchy would pay for on the 'real thing'?

Edited by dpm1did1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...