Tamiya Spitfire Mk.I 1:48 (Newbie Alert)

Dema

Hi All,

Here is my 2nd model on this forum and my first ever 1:48 aircraft. So i went with Tamiya inspired by many builds of this kit here on BM.

From a newbie perspective I made every single mistake that was possible during the building. From wrong colors and respraying it to destroying extradecal roundels, not having a very good looking canopy in the end and so on and so on :shutup:

Colours are Vallejo Air.

I still like the result all things considered.

IMG_2623_zps5xnqoynq.jpg

IMG_2622_zpsxbhwe4q9.jpg

IMG_2619_zpsjiko6wmh.jpg

IMG_1198_zps34necpia.jpg

a few from during the build:

IMG_1058_zps0ojhb0wg.jpg

IMG_1053_zps1ensnjyv.jpg

IMG_1050_zpsbuirkn42.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Dema

Edited by Dema
  • Like 23

Very smooth finish. Not sure about the blue underside being accurate though. The next time you do some chipping have a go with some Prismacolour silver pencils.

• Like 1

Very smooth finish. Not sure about the blue underside being accurate though. The next time you do some chipping have a go with some Prismacolour silver pencils.

Thanks Andy for the tips. I was mainly disappointed with 2 things, the underside colour as I checked some information on Sky and ended up using Vallejo reference for it to then realize it wasnt right. Second the overall weathering wasnt great... i even had a go with a chep kit as test subject and both paint job and weathering looks better there :) go figure

I will have a look at Prismacolour. I probably should have at least used sponge technique on this one... well well, next one :)

Thanks for looking.

It looks pretty good. I also am inexperienced and I know that I keep on learning on every build. Someday I hope to be able to use an airbrush effectively. Thanks for posting. Bob H.

• Like 1

Well for only your second model and first 1/48 I think you have done a fantastic job. I wish my second ever model had looked as good as that! Well done. :thumbsup:

Thanks PlatStix. You very kind. Being a newbie in the modelling world is tough! :) so many chances to mess with a model... I hope my next ones take some lessons from this one.

Cheers

Very nice... Great looking Spity

Thanks Leonl. Cheers mate.

An outstanding effort,bides well for your next venture,don,t worry about the under surface I'm old enough and wise enough to get thing's right

but know my current Spitfire has a very "iffy" shade of earth on it but that,s modelling we live and learn!

• Like 1