AK Interactive's new(er) RAF acrylic paints--anyone used them?

SmashedGlass

Reposting here as I still haven't gotten any constructive replies on the other forum I posted it in...

Cannot for the life of me find any reviews of the recent AK Interactive 8 pot "RAF Camouflages" set or 4 pot "RAF Day Fighter Colors" set that is more than some pictures of the product and packaging. Has anyone actually used them, and can comment on their accuracy? Perhaps show what the paints look like on a kit as opposed to just in the bottle? I don't really want to purchase them without first having some better knowledge of them as they're a bit expensive for me to get at the moment where I live (roughly $25 US for just the 4 pot set!). Hoping that they got the Ocean Grey and MSG better than Vallejo did........

Thank you,
Erik

Erik,

I have the eight bottle set and am not overly impressed. The colours are a tad garish and I think they swapped the labels on Dark Green and Aircraft Grey Green. (Either way the Grey Green isn't even close.) I did brush them out on some plastic card if that will be helpful to you.

Jim

• 4 years later...
On 9/6/2015 at 9:40 AM, Gremlin56 said:

I was seriously underwhelmed by the set. It clogged up all my airbrushes faster than super glue, stayed tacky for days and wasn't a success with a hairy stick either.

Just my :2c: though, YMMV.

I have had the same experience. I’m not an experienced airbrusher so it might be me but the airbrush clogged easily even though the paint was well diluted. I also think the azure blue, middle stone and dark earth were much darker than I expected.

Edited by paj66