Revell Boeing 747-436 BA Landor scheme

As a big admirer of the L-1011 TriStar I would have a hard time to let go of one of them...

I guessed that would be the case but thought it worth asking :winkgrin:

Certainly looking forward to seeing them some time in the future

Chris

• Like 1

Thank you very much for these encouraging words.

Of course there will be some more BA airliners show up in Landor C/S in near future.There will be the 737-200,747-200,767-300 and the L-1011,as I have 2 Otaki kits waiting for a nice paint,the other might be in Caledonian livery if I find a decent decal set.

That must have been a great and unforgettable experience those days.

On my many trips to Hongkong I also had many 747's of different airlines for the rides.2 times on the BA 747-400 as well as on the 747-300 back in the days of Swissair.

I really love the Jumbo as its much more comfortable than the,in my opinion,plastic plane A380.

Sad that the 747's are getting retired and are replaced by that huge pile of plastic (A380)

Hi Alex

that's a lot of good news - don't forget to have a bash at the BA Landor DC-10-30 they inherited from Caledonian.

Hi Alex

that's a lot of good news - don't forget to have a bash at the BA Landor DC-10-30 they inherited from Caledonian.

Yes,I considered the DC-10 as well.I have the Revell issue with BA and Martinair Holland decals but they are in very bad condition.

I will ask Tod from Pointerdog7 if he would produce a new set for the DC-10 if I can't find some replacement parts in my spares box.

Great work mate. I got the kit a while ago from eBay (ridiculous price like you said). Didn't do any adjusting of it but got the Union Flag decals. IMAG0004_zpsd220c027.jpgIMAG0005_zpscc72f7e0.jpgIMAG0007_zps4a2b061a.jpg

A wonderful build and a very nice line up you have there.They all look great.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Canalguna said:

Hi Alex! Is there a way to be able to see the pictures? I am planning this build and your experience will be invaluable.

Hi

I am going to upload the pics agsin later.

photobucket has blocked the old ones

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Canalguna said:

Hi Alex! Is there a way to be able to see the pictures? I am planning this build and your experience will be invaluable.

Are you using Chrome as your browser? I have the plugin that blocks PB's jamming algorithm and can see Alex's images.

@tommchowat, your BA line up looks great. I have the current scheme 748 sheets for one of my 748f kits and A380.

18 hours ago, Canalguna said:

Here are the new pics of the Landor 747-400 as promised

The engraved panellines are too heavy on the kit.I missed to correct it on this build.I have 3 more -400s in my stash which will be modified in that matter.

20180306_091945.jpg

20180306_091957.jpg

20180306_092017.jpg

20180306_092031.jpg

20180306_092042.jpg

And together with my Revell 747-200...

20180306_092221.jpg

20180306_092253.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Are you using Chrome as your browser? I have the plugin that blocks PB's jamming algorithm and can see Alex's images.

@tommchowat, your BA line up looks great. I have the current scheme 748 sheets for one of my 748f kits and A380.

Yes,I am using Chrome.

But I switched to imgbb.com for my pics.Its far more easy and faster than PB.

12 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

Here are the new pics of the Landor 747-400 as promised

The engraved panellines are too heavy on the kit.I missed to correct it on this build.I have 3 more -400s in my stash which will be modified in that matter.

And together with my Revell 747-200...

20180306_092253.jpg

Nice 747s Alex, they both look great

• Like 4

On 3/5/2018 at 7:58 PM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Nope Romeo Alpha Yankee, Safari on ios and Firefox on a Pc. Sounds interesting the plugin though, what's its name?

Beautiful work Alex! As usual. Thanks for the explanation on the nose in the original post btw. Somehow I still can't render in my head the changes you describe. Do you have pictures of the necessary modifications to the nose?. Or maybe in a future build. The nose looks good to me, great work again. As I have several Revell -400s in my stash yours is very inspiring in not throwing them away and going for Authentic Airliners. That -200 looks great too! Landor is very classic.

Edited by Canalguna
Get it right
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Canalguna said:

Nope Romeo Alpha Yankee, Safari on ios and Firefox on a Pc. Sounds interesting the plugin though, what's its name?

Just go to the Chrome web store and in the extension area search for 'Photobucket fixer'. there are 3 versions now. I am using the 'Photobucket embed fix'

• 2 weeks later...
On 7.3.2018 at 13:36, Canalguna said:

Beautiful work Alex! As usual. Thanks for the explanation on the nose in the original post btw. Somehow I still can't render in my head the changes you describe. Do you have pictures of the necessary modifications to the nose?. Or maybe in a future build. The nose looks good to me, great work again. As I have several Revell -400s in my stash yours is very inspiring in not throwing them away and going for Authentic Airliners. That -200 looks great too! Landor is very classic.

Sorry for the late reply.Work and other issues kept me from modelling and attending this thread.I will try to explain the mods I did on my -400s and take some pics.I need to get one unbuild from my stash in the next days as I did not made a WIP on those 747 builds.

2 hours ago, phil1 said:

superb mate, both beautiful examples of modelling! wish BA had just updated the landor scheme 

Thank you very much mate.

The 747 is one of my most favourite aircrafts.There are still 8-10  1/144  2 1/125  1 1/100 and approx. 12 Hasegawa 1/200 in all versions in my stash waiting for their day...