Wiggaly amps Canberra B(I)8 WT333

Hello,John The cockpit canopy has a superb clarity which shows the internal detail a treat.The opaque items look good and are a delicate feature.She's looking good!! ;) All the very best,Paul.

Thank you very much Paul, the Airfix canopy apart from being the wrong shape. they are nice a clear.

John

• Like 1

Yeah he has started the painting! Hi John just had a quick catch up and its looking really nice you are doing a grand job.

Looking forward to seeing her in all her glory with the full paint.

Lovely work

Guy

Edited by F4u

Hi Gary, the topside white is Halfords Appliance white, the red and blue will be xtracolor enamels, as you can see I've started with the red. I'm a bit unsure as yet if it's working, even though it's over a white undercoat it looks patchy and not very solid, I guess it's my ineptitude with the airbrush?

IMG_1252_zpslgedoa06.jpg

John

• Like 7

Hello,John -.The red is looking good.Treat this as an undercoat and give her a finishing coat when that has fully dried.You look to be getting a nice smooth finish too.Keep up the good work!;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 2

John, maybe a quick visit will make you realise finally that aviation didnt end with the Canberra and theres plenty more types out there :-)

canberra-hospital-intensive-care-unit-do

You're assuming I want to me cured Gary, :) I will be building something different I have two commissions to do a Nimrod and a Falcon 20 I've also done three non Canberra builds in the past few months.

IMG_1256_zpsibv9isvt.jpgIMG_1046_zpsvz0rrnrd.jpg

IMG_0848_zpsikuee21n.jpgGranted Gary the Lightning was built at Samlesbury and the Spitfire was rebuilt at Samlesbury but they are definitely not Canberra's :)

John

• Like 5

Nice paint work John I was going to say do two coats but Paul beat me to it ! nice trio there to.

Guy

• Like 1

Excellent John looking amazing with that paint. Lovely shade of Red I too would like to know which one it is.

Looking forward to seeing this one in the flesh.

Cheers Rob :)

Out of interest John do you happen to know what the red is called on the 1:1 Canberra.

Guy

Thanks all! The red I used was extracolor X31 BS538 Post Office Red for the first coats but I topped it off with Humbrol 19 which as far as I can see is the same colour? Guy over on the cold war forum there is a discussion on this very subject, http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235002842-raspberry-ripple-red/ I'm happy with what I have here. I've now tyded up all the bleed under the masking, come Saturday all being well it's time for the Blues! :)

IMG_1257_zps5iskxjb7.jpg

John

• Like 9

John ,

That is looking good be even better once the blue is on, thanks for the link I should have looked there first didn't think of that sorry.

All the best.

Guy

• Like 1

Gone to the horses mouth for an answer will let you know if I hear back.

Guy

• Like 1

Oh, that is just so striking to look at! The colour and shape all just scream 'jet age' to me. In the nicest possible way. Bring on that blue...

:)

Tony

• Like 1

Hello John - She's looking beautiful.The top edge of the red which shows on the fuselage side is a good marker and base shade for the band between the white and blue.Looking at this,I wonder if it would be easier and more effective to paint the red band and then just mask off for the blue,perhaps?That way,all her surfaces will have been painted and decals only used for the markings.I'm just visualising how that would look.Judging by the other red sections,it would be spot on.Grand work indeed. ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1