Wiggaly amps Canberra B(I)8 WT333

Hello,John - She's really coming together superbly and is a credit to you.The attention to detail is most evident and admirable.I appreciate that. ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hello,John - She's really coming together superbly and is a credit to you.The attention to detail is most evident and admirable.I appreciate that. ;) All the very best,Paul.

Thanks Paul, I hope to get her sorted before I retire :)

Looking very nice indeed. I can never get enough of the shape of the Canberra one of the best looking machines ever :)

Thanks Rob, I can't ague with that :)

John

I've added the last of the airframe details circald in yellow two intakes on top of the engine and the cockpit air intake, that's about it except the aileron trim tabs which I will leave off until everything is finished with the filling and rubbing down as they tend to get knocked off quite easily. I've also given her a coat of primer to see what need addressing in the scribing and filling front, of which there are a few.

IMG_1217_zpspgtu4wis.jpg

John

• Like 4

Hi John,

As Paul said she is looking good and you can't be far from the painting which I'm looking forward to.

Guy

Edited by F4u
  • Like 1

It's a massive old bird in 1/48th John, no doubt about it. Now a question on the Ailerons. I read on the SIG that both droop when power is shut down 2°.

Have I understood that correct? Was that a feature on all marks of Canberra?

Edited by Bill Clark
  • Like 1

Hi John, Glad I found this WIP AFTER I completed mine or it would have stayed on the shelf of doom! Excellent work and it was nice to have a chinwag at Cosford, by the way those IKEA crates you showed me, I have just won a pair of them on ebay for a grand total of £2,70, my son will pick them up for me so no postage!

Hope to see you at MK next weekend. MODeller

• Like 1

Hello,John - She's really looking splendid and I look forward to the cosmetic paint process. ;) All the very best,Paul.

That's more than I am then Paul! :)

Hi John,

As Paul said she is looking good and you can't be far from the painting which I'm looking forward to.

Guy

Thanks Guy, I'm not I'm more than a wee bit anxious about that phase of the build, but I'm going to have to bight the bullet at some point.:)

• Like 2

It's a massive old bird in 1/48th John, no doubt about it. Now a question on the Ailerons. I read on the SIG that both droop when power is shut down 2°.

Have I understood that correct? Was that a feature on all marks of Canberra?

She is a big old bird Bill, That's by far and away one of the best things about the kit, the shear presence of it, when you see a few on the table they look good! As for the ailerons, yes they do droop 2 degrees at rest apparently it's a rigging thing, the only Mk's that don't are the PR.9 and U.14 as they have power assisted ailerons.

John

• Like 1

Hi John, Glad I found this WIP AFTER I completed mine or it would have stayed on the shelf of doom! Excellent work and it was nice to have a chinwag at Cosford, by the way those IKEA crates you showed me, I have just won a pair of them on ebay for a grand total of £2,70, my son will pick them up for me so no postage!

Hope to see you at MK next weekend. MODeller

It was good to meet you too, it's nice to put a face to a name, that's one of the best things about the shows. £2,70 for two, WOW! and you didn't even have to suffer a trip to the hell that is known as Ikea!

John

Thanks Paul,the pressure is building!

Hello,John - Think of it more like giving her a 'Cosmetic Crown'.We can allow Wiggly Amps but not Wiggly Lines!! :D We appreciate that! ;) All the very best,Paul.

That's 150 grams of wheel weights and an Aeroclub seat in the cockpit and all looks well, I'm sure that is less than normal but perhaps it's due in part to the CofG shifting forward with the longer nose? What ever, when I get some Epoxy in to fix it all in place I can put the doors on which will be another fun job seeing as the fit is non too good, so much fun in one kit! :)

IMG_1221_zpsxuwhhje1.jpg

John

• Like 3

Treble Three now has wings! And a lot of rubber bands too. :)

IMG_1213_zpsrhqzncuw.jpg

John

Canberra bondage. Must be a first for this forum :)

Seriously, enjoying watching this one take shape John. Always a lovely aircraft to see in all its varied versions.

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 1

After far too much messing around I've got the bomb doors sorted, previously I've attached each door to the fuselage half before joining them, but on this build I had to do it later as I needed access to to fit the doppler aerial in the rear fuselage, which I could only do when the to half's were together. I will need to do a very good filing job as just forward of center there is a flush instrument palette that is enclosed by the doors in a similar way the the gun pack on the B(I)6 and 8 this will be engraved later

IMG_1222_zps6sqvhbma.jpg

John

• Like 5

Well done John looking good really inspirational for my PR9 .

Guy

• Like 1