1/144 Airfix Dc-10-30 LanChile

Hi folks, this one from my collection. Homemade decals, automotive paint.

LanChile leased a Laker Dc-10 in late 1980, then added four more from PanAm and Air New Zealand. We operated them until 1986 when they were replaced by the "all-new" Boeing 767-200. The Dc-10 was LanChile's first wide-body airliner, flying primarily on high density routes to the United States (Miami, New York, Los Angeles). CC-CJT was delivered new to Air New Zealand on 10.11.77, then started flying with Lan on 13.06.82 before being transfered to American Airlines on 17.06.86. It should be scrapped by now as far as I know.

Hope you like it!

Ignacio

DSC01287.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01285.jpg

DSC01284.jpg

• Like 16

Very nice indeed - excellent work on those very subtle panel lines showing in the white. How you managed that I could not even start to guess.

Lan Chile really has gone from strength to strength - you can hardly fly anywhere in South America these days without LATAM being involved it seems.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Brilliant work, the DC-10 was definitely a purposeful looking machine, had a more powerful look about it than the sleeker Tristar.

This is a superb build.

Eng

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind words. Those subtle lines were accomplished with weathering powders, in that case I think they are worth it instead of rescribing the kit.

My father flew this one so I have special feelings for it. I'll be posting some more of the ones he flew as well as some of my own history.

The Dc-10 has something wery powerful about its presence, I can't quite describe.

Thank you all for your kind words. Those subtle lines were accomplished with weathering powders, in that case I think they are worth it instead of rescribing the kit.

My father flew this one so I have special feelings for it. I'll be posting some more of the ones he flew as well as some of my own history.

The Dc-10 has something wery powerful about its presence, I can't quite describe.

Yep - I totally agree with you - The DC-10 looked the part, powerful and a real workhorse of the skies. The old Tristar had more of a pleasing smiling dolphin look to it whereas the DC-10 might be seen as a mighty shirehorse

• Like 1